Foosball.com Forums

Worlds Top 32 Teams

Worlds Top 32 Teams
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
Can someone expand on how the Top 32 teams are picked in Open events or is it just a continuation of the bracket from that point?  i.e., half of those teams would be in the loser's bracket when 3 out of 5 starts?

Offline Daniel

Re: Worlds Top 32 Teams
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:32:30 AM »
The top teams or players is based on points.  The rest of the player have to play a qualifier tournament.  After the qualifier event everyone starts over with no losses.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »
The top teams or players is based on points.  The rest of the player have to play a qualifier tournament.  After the qualifier event everyone starts over with no losses.

Yeah, from what T-mac told me, after the qualifier, they draw up a 64 team bracket. The top 32 are already seeded. Then the 32 from the qualifyer are seeded, but I'm not sure if they use points or how you finished in the qualifier.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 12:45:44 AM »
paul's right

Worlds starts with a open doubles/singles qualifier ,you sign up and play in that first (the top 32 best teams are already seeded and put in a bracket on thier own)  the last qualified 32 teams that survive the qualifier round will join them for the 64 team final phase round of Open doubles/singles
so if you play and qualify, no matter if you lose one match or not in the qualifiers ,then you go into the final 64 team round and start fresh ,so you get to lose twice again since its a brand new bracket

hope this helps,
-ben
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:49:15 AM by deadbarfoos »