Foosball.com Forums

70's Dynamo

70's Dynamo
« on: October 06, 2009, 03:20:47 PM »
Hello, I am new here.  I recently picked up a very dirty and neglected table.  I brought it home and cleaned it up.  It appears to be to have been a bar room coin op at one point in it's life.  Very good condition.  I build a ramp to set inside for a ball return.
It does have adjustable feet as well inside the legs.
The table is HEAVY, and old.  The play field says, "Dynamo Soccer".   A sticker on the field under the glass says "Dynamo Corp. Seriel NO F274 03272".  There is another sticker from the Texas Amusement Machine Commission from 1978.  I am curious as to  how old the table is.  Anyone know how to decode the serial number to get the year?  Does the "F 274" mean 1974?  From what I have read Dynamo started making tables in '73.
Thanks for any help.
Here are a couple pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34752289@N02/3986538881/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34752289@N02/3986538885/sizes/l/in/photostream/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:22:30 PM by george »

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: 70's Dynamo
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 04:19:37 PM »
George,

Dunno about your table's provenance, or past history and specs...  but it is a d*mn fine table in fantastic condition, if it really is 35 or so years old! Wow!  And you have the best balls (IMHO) ever made in the history of foosball, the paraffin yellow D balls! 

May you have man-years of fun with that table!

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »
It looks to be in really good shape.  Some of the men are on backward and are not the originals.  It looks like one of the models that allowed the playfield to slide out, so it's not the earliest model.  Sorry I can't help with the serial numbers.

The cabinet and playfield ramps appear to be in really good shape.  If you remove the glass, be careful with the paper under the glass.  At that age, it's liable to be brittle.

Good find.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:57:41 PM »
Hmm.  Ya, some of the men were broke and it came with some brand new spares.  I didn't know how they went on.  Murphy's law, I got it wrong.  I realize they were different, but they were free and worked.  I did take the glass off and cleaned everything REALLY good.  It had rats living in it at some time and needed a good cleaning.  The glass play surface was yellow from years of exposure to smoky environments.  I handled the paper very gently.  There is a spot where some water had got under the glass and wiffled the paper a bit, but you can't tell with the glass on.  The whole thing does slide out, which made it easy for me to build a ramp for the ball return (and clean out the rat poop).  Also makes it easier to move.  As one unit that thing is HEAVY!  Did I mention that? :D  I don't have a key for the lock but a screw driver works just fine.
Just ball park, what would the value be on a table like this?  I am not a collector or big enthusiast for that matter, just reliving some old days of playing in the dorms in the Air Force and at bars.
The "1978" sticker was just placed under the glass with the backing still on it so it was never stuck.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »
George,

...you have the best balls (IMHO) ever made in the history...

Can I quote you on that??? LOL

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 10:17:17 PM »
I have one nearly identical to yours, but with a different playfield logo (newer diagonal Dynamo) and not playable - bent and rusty rods, missing ramp and side strips and no score posts.  Glass has probably been replaced.  I was guessing late 70s on mine.  Nothing on it to date it.

I just bought a grey-marble Tornado coin-op and the Dynamo is just taking up space in the garage.  Free to anyone who wants to pick it up in KC.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »
George,

...you have the best balls (IMHO) ever made in the history...

Can I quote you on that??? LOL

Any time George!  The new Warrior balls that Shanghai Fred gave me are pretty good in their own way, but those yelloD's just bring me back to a time when I had absolute craploads of fun in Glendale, California, then Ames, Iowa and Warren, Ohio.... Late nights, cheap gas and cheap booze, curious girls, and breakfasts at Country Kitchens, Sambos, and Perkins Cake&Steaks...

P.S. 2,200 ass-pounds = 22 craploads = 1 ass-tonne  (unless you're metric)