Foosball.com Forums

General House Rules

General House Rules
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:28:37 PM »
Hey All,

My new roommate brought over a foosball table when we moved in a couple of months ago and we have developed some house rules. 

No spinning, Goalie goal untouched is 2 points and touched is 1 point, no scoring with the 5 bar but there can be slop. 

We were debating being able to score with the 5 bar but everything had to be clean. 

What are your takes on this as well as what are some house rules or general rules that you play by?

Offline Daniel

Re: General House Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 06:24:55 PM »
Slop should always count because if you don't count slop you don't reward a good goalie for stopping the slop.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 01:35:17 PM »
It's been a LONG time since we didn't count slop points.  Basically when we started playing on coin operated tables we counted slop/deflected/and downright lucky shots all as 1 point!

One subtle house rule we used to have - NO POINT on a ball in/out of the goal.   Even it it was obvioiusly in & out....  we'd not count it and just play on.    It helped avoid a few arguments.

Our favorite house rule of old had to be "ball off the table rule".... whoever recovered the ball would get the serve!   This made for a a few interesting wrestling matches during those 4-4 games!  :)

As long as you follow the big 3 rules...
1) no spinning
2) have fun
3) no spinning

House Rules can keep the game interesting and FUN over time!     Here's a great place to study up on "tournament" rules before you venture out to test your game against some of the world's best players... http://www.table-soccer.org/rules/

Offline noops

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 04:12:32 PM »
Heh,

My Favorite.  A friend of mine has a house rule that is this:  If you get shut out straight in two games (10 points), you've gotta run around the block naked.  It's a great motivator for the less experienced players.  And it HAS happened.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »
The only rules at my house are:

1. Don't stick your hands in the table
2. Keep at least 3 table legs on the ground.
3. First one to a ball out of bounds gets to drop.
4. In and out don't count.
5. Loser drops.
6. Drink on even goals.

I don't understand all you no spinning people. You're obviously inferior.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 04:54:54 AM »
my house rules:
- No goals from mid
- (my favourite) if a ball is shot out of the table and caught DIRECTLY (i.e. without bouncing on top of the table or anywhere else), it counts as a goal - this was my attempted to get more dives into the game of foosball and has worked as such :)

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »
How about if ball goes off the table, everyone has to drink.