Foosball.com Forums

Foosball - Metal Men - Cork Balls

Foosball - Metal Men - Cork Balls
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:28:27 PM »
I posted this before.  As I didn't see the replies after 90 days they told me to repost my message.  Here was my original message.  I guess the part I was missing was which model of table and brand do you recommend. 

Hello,

I remember back in the early 90s when I was in college I played on a foosball table that had metal men with cork balls.

When someone would score one would hear the metal "chink" sound when a ball was slammed into the goal.

I am trying to recreate that same experience.  Looking for a suggestion for a decent table with good corners, metal men and cork balls with a metal receiver goal.

Any ideas?  I prefer not purchase those tables with plastic men and hard plastic balls.

Thank you in advance.

Rich (STL)

Re: Foosball - Metal Men - Cork Balls
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:56:25 PM »
I think you would find what you are seeking at www.BonziniUSA.com

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 09:19:54 AM »
Yup Bonzinis make that noise

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »
My God, why would anyone want to re create a Bonzini   ::)

Alan's post soon to follow :)

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »
Ice,

It's not re-create,like all the other table manufacturers do with theirs. it's "continue to make". :P

See you later dude.

AC

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 09:13:10 AM »
In the 70s this is the first type of table I learned to play on. The cork ball always hit the metal bar in the goal and popped back out.  I think it was called Garlando but am not sure. Mike Bowers in Denver would know since it was in his basement. You would be better off purchasing a newer table as the old type you mention are totally obsolete now.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
Bonzini is the table, and not obsolete. I bought Audiobob's (advertised here several months ago) 2005 Bonzini, and it's a work of art: astonishing craftsmanship, and a blast to play on. 

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »
RonRon, I doubt the table Mr. Bowers had in his basement was a Bonzini.  It very well could have been a Garlando (they were different back then).  But you are correct that that style is not obsolete.  And the Bonzinis are great fun to play!