Foosball.com Forums

Stick pass follow-through

Stick pass follow-through
« on: December 07, 2009, 04:38:04 AM »
For a quick stick-pass, how far do you angle your 5-bar man back and forward during the passing motion?

I find that I probably pull my passing man about 30 degrees back, but my swing forward is too high where the ball might actually be able to get under my foot if it bounces back.

Any suggestions as to the range I should keep within?

Re: Stick pass follow-through
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:37:54 PM »
This is not an answer to your question, but I had the luxury of watching Spredeman last Friday night at a local DYP tourney and I still don't know how he does the stuff he does!  By far the crispest passes and best roll-over shot I have ever bore witness to.  UNBELIEVEABLE!

That is Merkel in the front right wearing a blue shirt, and Spredeman wearing the black hat on the further table...unfortunately I did not draw Spredeman as my partner, so my exit in the tourney was quick and swift.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:17:45 PM by jinhopark »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 04:39:39 PM »
Try to mirror the motion of your 3 bar with that of your 5. If you are lifting you 3 too high upon catching, try just giving the man a tiny little flick. I hit a pretty hard lane pass, and I am nowhere near lifting my man too high, in fact I barely lift him at all. Just keep practicing and you will get it.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »
watch spree, both 3 and 5 are toe-angled out like 45 degree angle ,its a fast-from-the-getgo pass ,its a race to the catch and usually he wins it 90% of the time

same as Billy on the stickpass ,but its near-wall

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:47:14 AM »
The 45 Degree angle is about right. I do a stick series and i think i have a pretty good wall pass. And that is what i would recommend.

The real key is just to do it so many times that it does not matter. This is one of the few games out there that people are just not natural at when they start. You have to learn to be good. The more you practice.......... I know you have heard it a ton. When i was in your shoes i did not want to hear it, i thought there was a trick to get good at it all. To be honest there really isnt, it is mostly trying things out and learning what you can and cant do on a table.