Foosball.com Forums

Coming to HOFC Tournament in Vegas

Coming to HOFC Tournament in Vegas
« on: January 15, 2010, 11:18:09 PM »
Hi. My first time posting here.

I am from the UK but I live in Mexico City. I used to play a lot of foosball in the Nineties at college before anything was organised, and having played only occasionally for 12 years I am now back hooked on the game again, working hard on the Tornado I have at home - the only problem being a serious lack of competition [have still not managed to find any foosball players here].

I played my first proper tournament in LA last year and it was one of those life-changing experiences. I held my own at times but in the end having never in the past having defended the snake or 5 bar - 3 bar passes, I ended up near the bottom of the pile.

I am planning to come to the HOFC tournament in Vegas in early March, to watch play and learn. I want to play in the Amateur category because there can't be a way that I am anything but, but I know there have been problems in the past with hot *** European players turning up and downplaying their level.

All advice and thoughts welcome. Thanks guys,

Will

Re: Coming to HOFC Tournament in Vegas
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 05:17:37 AM »
Will, just come and play and have fun ,i've been thru those "sandbagger" days many times ,i dont think it can be cured ,just practice up until you feel unstoppable or playing to the best you can
and go at it, but have fun!

i'll be there doing the same, hope to meet you ! ,good luck

-Ben

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 02:57:50 PM »
Are you listed in the UK rankings?

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 01:16:46 AM »
No, I am not rated in the UK, actually I have been overseas for the past 13 years and indeed just got in touch with the UK foosball community only recently - and only by email as I live in Mexico City. I played in my first (and so far only) tournament with the LA foosclub in October, we placed bottom (see link below) but it was a lot of fun, and there I resolved to come to the HOFC to learn more and watch the big boys. The UK guys did let me know about the previous problems you've had with international players under-representing themselves so if that's the rules then fine I'll go along with them but I'm pretty sure I'd be way out of my depth. Anyway... appreciate any thoughts.

http://www.netfoos.com/account/886/event_results/16671.html