Foosball.com Forums

Looking for Parts for 1977 Coin-Op Tournament Soccer Table (Blue Top)

Hey Guys,

About 5 years ago i was lucky to come across a 1977 Coin-Op Blue Top Tournament Soccer table in very good condition for $125.

Well now that i have the time, i'm looking to add a few missing parts to make it just as it use to be back in the day.

I'm looking for the rod that holds the foosballs and then releases them if a quarter is put in.

I'm sure this is hard to find, so if i cant find one to buy i was hoping to make my own, but i need a photo of what one looks like, so if anyone has a photo of one or has a 70s Tournament Soccer table and could upload a photo of what it looks like, it would be so much appreciated.

I'm also looking for the coin-box for it, although i'm sure i wont find one, this is not very important as the coin-op rod but would be cool to complete the table.

Here are the photos...................

The Table:

The Missing Coin-Op Rod Photo 1:
The Missing Coin-Op Rod Photo 2:

Missing Coinbox Photo:

Thanks for reading everyone!!!  

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
Re: Looking for Parts for 1977 Coin-Op Tournament Soccer Table (Blue Top)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:15:07 PM »
Dear Mr. Z. D.,

PM me your email and I will send you the photos of the part that is headed towards you. Your table is gorgeous, BTW... :)

Tyler

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 08:00:15 AM »
Senor Zero,

I sent you an email, let me know if you got it, for shipping info.

Tyler

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 11:25:30 AM »
Got it!

just what i'm looking for. Sent you an email back. Thanks!!!

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 09:48:17 AM »
Justin,

Did the part arrive safely?

Tyler

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Cool thing to do Tyler  8)  Thumbs up!

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 06:11:00 AM »
Thanks, Rick. Every now and then a random act of kindness gets me out of a funk.

Take care..................Tyler

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:28:04 AM »
I'm looking for the rod that holds the foosballs and then releases them if a quarter is put in.

I'm sure this is hard to find, so if i cant find one to buy i was hoping to make my own, but i need a photo of what one looks like, so if anyone has a photo of one or has a 70s Tournament Soccer table and could upload a photo of what it looks like, it would be so much appreciated.

I'm also looking for the coin-box for it, although i'm sure i wont find one, this is not very important as the coin-op rod but would be cool to complete the table.

Wow - it was great to find this post because it's as if I'd posted it myself.  I acquired a TS table today that I'd like to restore somewhat.  I'm also missing the rod/mechanism that the coin-op pushes against to release the balls.  I'm missing the coin box as well.  I've been looking around online for a couple of hours but haven't had any luck.  If someone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

My table's internals look nearly identical to those in the original post, but the balls exit on the long side (parallel to game play) of the table.  I believe my table is newer also - it has four "normal" legs like modern tables to.

I'd also appreciate a picture of this part if anyone has it/one, if I can't find one for purchase I'll roll my own.

I would have started a new post, but this one had great pics - thanks ZeroDegreez.  :)

Cheers

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 02:39:26 AM »
I know this is an old post, but I am looking for the same part.  Scoured the internet tonight for about 4 hours.  This is the only place I can find any mention of it. 

Background.
my neighbor just moved this past weekend and GAVE me his old TS Million Dollar Game table.  It's an old coin-op using one quarter.  He doesn't have the keys to the top locks or the the coin box.  Luckily, the top locks are open and out.  Its also missing that same bar/rod/mechanism.  If someone could post a pic of what it SHOULD look like, I can work something up.  I'll try to get a pic of this in the morning for you all.

Thank you!

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »
here are some pics..

the field.  no delamination, got lucky there.  just needs a good cleaning.

single quarter coin-op

goal BLOWN OUT!  that'll take some work, but still totally repairable thanks to this site!

no keys to the upper locks or the coin door.  not sure where I'll source those parts yet...

and the part everyone wants to see....the guts!  functionally, it's great.  Just needs some serious TLC and some parts replaced.

can't beat it for free!  it's my first table and I think it'll be a lot of fun

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 02:48:40 PM »
Wow!  I used to have two of them in my college hovel I shared with my brother in Ames, IA. I'd brought back a nice butcher block from Warren, OH, a blue top completely upgraded to the million dollar game, as well as a standard fauxwood laminate TS like yours... I put the butcher block (better coin-op) in our ISU Memorial Union student center and had to unload the coin box twice a week during Fall and Winter terms.. 79-81.
;
Did I mention that I hate your guts? [soylent green with envy and jealousy...] Hate ya! Hate ya!  Hope you got the crummy balls, you lucky dawg!
;
 :'( :-\ :-X

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 07:46:32 PM »
Wow!  I used to have two of them in my college hovel I shared with my brother in Ames, IA. I'd brought back a nice butcher block from Warren, OH, a blue top completely upgraded to the million dollar game, as well as a standard fauxwood laminate TS like yours... I put the butcher block (better coin-op) in our ISU Memorial Union student center and had to unload the coin box twice a week during Fall and Winter terms.. 79-81.
;
Did I mention that I hate your guts? [soylent green with envy and jealousy...] Hate ya! Hate ya!  Hope you got the crummy balls, you lucky dawg!
;
 :'( :-\ :-X

thanks!  it didn't come with any extra parts, balls, or tools.  so some money is going to have to put out there, but i'm excited ;D

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 12:19:41 PM »
I wish, German table companies such as Ullrich or Leonhart had a distributor here. Those old TS tables were fun back then but I wish some of the TS players had the chance to try the new German tables. Not only they play 10x better than the old TS tables also parts are easier to find. Having owned a Leonhart and currently an Ullrich P4P I couldn't be happier.
I talked to Ullrich-Sport and they told me they would love to sell tables in the US. I'm sure many TS players would love to try these...My dream is to have a P4P US TOUR.    http://shop.ullrich-sport.de/

hey tyler, is there any way you can post a pic of the coin-op bar?  that's the last part i need to get this table up and running.  I am wondering if it's something that i can fab up myself if I can just see how it's shaped.

TIA!

Offline Tyler Foos

ZeroDegrees has the only one I had, sorry.

Tyler