Foosball.com Forums

USTSA Points

Re: USTSA Points
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 10:41:05 AM »

Question: Do non-Pro Master players really care about how many points they have other than for determining their rank?

For those of us that had extended years that we did not play and had our points re-set from pro to semi-pro, and still aspire to one day achieve the rank of pro-master, yes we do care. I may be one of a very few that have that goal and the ability to achieve it, but I'm sure I can't be the only one.

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2010, 03:13:26 AM »
Paul, you are right...you're not the only one.

Also, the last Table Talk "on-line magazine" is from November 2008. Has anything been put out since then?

From the VIFA website:
Membership Benefits
• A USTSA Membership Card.

• Two directly mailed issues of Table Talk Magazine -the premier foosball magazine in the world.

• An accurate and updated listing of your Points in the Points Book and on the internet at www.vifa.com.

• The opportunity to play in Local, Regional and International USTSA Sanctioned Tournaments.

• The ability to be a part of the future of foosball in the United States and the world and the opportunity to meet lifelong friends who share your love for the sport of foosball.

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2010, 04:06:08 PM »
make sure your address is current with the USTSA ,sometimes it might not get updated at the tourneys due to the busy times in line, but call them 800-544-1346 or email INFO@VIFA.COM to ensure that you get the Tabletalk mailed to you

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 04:49:51 PM »
make sure your address is current with the USTSA ,sometimes it might not get updated at the tourneys due to the busy times in line, but call them 800-544-1346 or email INFO@VIFA.COM to ensure that you get the Tabletalk mailed to you

Ben, you gotta listen to what I'm sayin...Table Talk hasn't been put out since November, 2008. Does it matter if you're on the mailing list or not?

Not that getting a magazine is a big deal, but that and the points tracking justified the $20/year. Now, no magazines and the points are only tracked if someone else turns them in and the formula seems to be a secret! lol

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 08:40:11 PM »
i can hear ya Randy , i dunno exactly what the $20 goes towards, printing the Tabletalk either on paper or they now publish it online, plus website costs? and secretarial job (someone fills in part of the time to do the work of the USTSA in the office?)
they also do print the newer smaller points book 1/3rd the size of the older one now since the list of inactive players was purged,, im not sure exactly so for now its considered just a little tax ;)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:44:46 PM by deadbarfoos »

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2010, 01:45:43 PM »
i can hear ya Randy , i dunno exactly what the $20 goes towards, printing the Tabletalk either on paper or they now publish it online, plus website costs? and secretarial job (someone fills in part of the time to do the work of the USTSA in the office?)
they also do print the newer smaller points book 1/3rd the size of the older one now since the list of inactive players was purged,, im not sure exactly so for now its considered just a little tax ;)

Isn't that stuff paid for with the $50 administration fee?

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2010, 02:28:31 PM »
No that fee goes to pay for as much of the venue cost as it can.  So with 300 players that 15,000 to pay for shipping, set-up, insurance and to cover any cost the hotel through at you like $1025 to hang 4 banners.

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2010, 10:45:57 PM »
Wasn't the profits from the entry fees and package deals supposed to pay for that? lol  I'm just giving you a hard time Ed, you don't have to answer that.

It just struck me wrong that you told a player that they are not getting Table Talk mailed to them because they are on-line now, when that's not really the case.

....Plus, I haven't smoked in 4 days so it doesn't take much to set me off right now. lol
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:48:42 PM by rprice »