Foosball.com Forums

Catching

Catching
« on: January 25, 2010, 04:02:48 PM »
What advice can be given on the topics of catching passes from the Goalie.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:35:40 PM by VvVigilante »

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Catching
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:47:56 PM »
From Goalie to 5 bar Passing Series? Most I have seen use a Brush but this is an art in itself. Collignon and Spredeman are both very good examples of 2bar to 5bar. Both have very high percentage catching.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:18:50 PM »
i was actually reffering to the  2bar to 3bar series.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 04:18:39 PM »
Pretty risky....A good 2bar goalie to 3bar offensive would be Rob Mares..I saw him do it a couple times.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 04:35:43 PM »
I think hes talking about doubles. Namely just know what the goalie is going to throw. Most will like either the farwall brush down from pull position (easy catch) or a gap that is hit slower and is pretty much straight up the table. If you have a decent 5 bar, either of these passes should be an easy catch if you expect them.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 07:22:43 PM »
hmm yea doubles, thanks thunder.

Offline Will17

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 11:51:39 AM »
Advice on the specific motion of "catching" which is what you said in your question.

My partner and I have a passing series worked out that involves both the far wall and near wall, but certainly focuses on the far wall. When I practice passing from the back, I pass to the far wall with a rod lock on my 3 bar. The rod lock itself applies the correct amount of pressure and the pass sticks fairly well just with that. I think if you can set up a system that you always put your 3 bar in catching position (the same as when catching a brush pass from your 5-3) then you give yourself the best chance of catching 2 bar passes. Knowing where and when your partner will pass is also important, so have something worked out first so you know what options he will probably use. All in all, keep a relatively loose grip, squeeze the rod not with your whole hand, but just fingers and palm. You will find that the ball just sticks on your rod as long as the man is pointed forward. Just make sure the ball can pinch underneath perfectly and you will be fine.