Foosball.com Forums

Ball texture

Re: Ball texture
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 02:04:20 AM »
Hi Jinho,

The sandpaper came in sheets. I just cut the sheet to fit the entire inside and wrapped it around the inside of the canister.

I am having trouble posting the image. The nice thing about wrapping the sandpaper is that you don't have to glue it down. We were going to use a glue gun, but there was no need. I can PM you if you want the images. It really worked great, especially because it didn't change the diameter of the ball.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 10:24:23 AM »
I just use skateboard grip tape its a self adhesive tape and peals off without any residue so you can add  new tape later

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 06:28:23 AM »
I suppose that only http://penessays.com/blog/admission-essay-writing-service-victory-is-in-your-hands will be happy to fully generate any idea related to this unusual  issue!

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2023, 08:41:32 PM »
I got sick of the balls at my work table sliding out from under my guys (and lack of ball control in general), so I swapped them out for balls from my home table and brought the work ones home for cleaning. Now they're clean, but I'm noticing they're definitely smoother than the ones on my home table. I do want to bring these ones back to work so I can get my home ones back, but I don't want the same ball problems happening again within a week, and I definitely don't want to have to buy new balls for either table. I'm more than willing to do a little bit of work on them, though, since I have a few to spare.

So... is there any reliable way to manually add the fuzzy texture to these balls? I did a search, and found a little bit of information on what makes them textured or not. The foosball shop page on Tornado balls mentions that the amount of time spent "tumbling" adds proportionally to the texture. Does anyone know what exactly that "tumbler" uses to scuff the balls, and how I could recreate it to some extent at home?

I'd imagine the tumbler contains some sort of abrasive surface like sandpaper. I want to stay away from sandpapering the ball's surface directly by hand, because it'd likely cause grooves in the ball. Would it work to just line the inside of a can with some sandpaper, and shake until I'm satisfied with the results? I'd expect the results to be Ask AI Mod APK Premium Unlocked uniform that way.

Anyone's experience here would help!
It's not recommended to manually add texture to foosball balls as it can affect the balance and performance of the ball. The textured surface of a foosball ball is an essential component that affects the grip and spin of the ball. Without this texture, the ball may be harder to control, making gameplay less enjoyable.

If you're concerned about the balls slipping on your work table, there are a few alternatives you can try. One option is to use a different type of ball, such as cork or silicone. These materials provide a bit more grip and control compared to traditional plastic balls. Alternatively, you could consider adding a small amount of grip-enhancing material to the surface of the balls, such as grip-enhancing spray or grip pads.

If you're still determined to add texture to the balls, using sandpaper or a similar abrasive material is not recommended. Instead, you might try using a specialized ball tumbler that's designed to add texture without damaging the ball. These tumblers use a specialized abrasive material that's gentler on the ball's surface. However, these tumblers can be expensive and may not be worth the investment if you're only working with a few balls.

Make your own tumbler. Use 36 grit sand paper or lower and contact cement it into a cylinder. Large diameter water/sewer pipe, 5 gal bucket- this tapered so its a bit more challenging, larger diameter duct work. Add baffles to get the ball tumbling. You want a motor that you can gear or belt to 60 rpm or so (we used an old knife sharpener motor but you can find low rpm motors online).

Or... get an old dryer on fb marketplace/craigslist and contact cement sandpaper on the inside. Then you have the added benefit of heat to speed up your resurfacing process. Better make sure whatever adhesive you use is heat resistant though.