Foosball.com Forums

Tony Spredeman, 5 other Americans to compete at German championship

Tony Spredeman and five other American players are headed to Europe early next month to compete at the prestigious Players4Players World Championships in Germany. Tony will be joined at the "P4P" event  by Billy Pappas; Jim Stevens, who will be there to commentate and record the event with Inside Foos; NetFoos's Mark Winker; Team USA's Amy Eckhart; North Carolina player Robert Yates, and Arizona's Mike Sames, who will all travel to compete at this German major championship June 3-6.

The American contingent, the largest ever for this major international tournament, will compete in the traditional doubles and singles events, while also joining forces to compete for Team USA in the Nations Cup competition.

P4P Worlds, held every two years at the SportHotel in Gaufelden, is currently the largest tournament in the world, with more than 600 players expected to attend and 50,000 euros in prize money handed out, including 9000€ in the Nations Cup event alone (with free entry!).

After competing in Germany at the P4P event, Spredeman will travel to Ireland to make promotional appearances at table football events on the "Emerald Isle" so he can demonstrate his considerable skills to a growing Irish player base. "This trip is a great opportunity to promote the sport and, of course, the Fireball table", says Tony, who was recently brought on board as Fireball Table Soccer's "global spokesman". "I think it will be a great experience and I look forward to spreading the word of both Foosball and Fireball!".

Unfortunately, the scheduling of this European promotional trip will not allow Tony to attend the Fireball Kickoff event in Florida this June 11-13, as was previously announced. "I want to apologize to promoter Jim Dumas, Mark Winker and the Florida foosers for not being able to attend due to the scheduling conflict", Spredeman stated. "Those guys are class acts and I really wanted to be there".

However Tony will be back in the country for the Fireball Milwaukee Open two weeks later, an event that he is hosting as the second stop on the 2010 Fireball Regional Tour.

A flyer for this event is now available at http://www.netfoos.com/2010/fireball-wisconsin-flyer-5.pdf

You guys need to get out and try this table if a tour is anywhere near you. It's gonna rival the Tornado, it's that good. And Dennis , where is that four ball trick shot? I should be famous by now :)

P4P worlds are actually held every 4 years, following the soccer world cup ;-)