Foosball.com Forums

Florida Fireball Kickoff Report and Pics

Florida Fireball Kickoff Report and Pics
« on: June 19, 2010, 06:13:10 PM »
Check out a report on last weekend's Fireball season opener at the new Fireball USA website!

http://www.fireballtablesoccer.com

Offline marty

Re: Florida Fireball Kickoff Report and Pics
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 11:56:51 AM »
looks good when will we be able to order a table and will all 3 models be avable

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:23:25 AM »
Seriously! When will we get any info on pricing? Is this table going to compete with Tornado when it comes to player base? Will they be able to sell high quality tables at at a price range that will challenge my decision on what table to buy? Will this table allow for more ball control, encouraging players to develop shots other than pulls and rollovers? I'm hearing good things but pricing is part of the bottom line. I play Bonzini and Tornado, but tables cost an arm and a leg, and I don't think I can play without those. Warrior was more affordable, and seemed like a great option, but now they're taking a hiatus to redesign their table. It will probably cost a lot more after the redesign.  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:10:46 PM by Anderson »

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »
Anderson,

The promoters for the various Fireball events around the country are selling tables that have been used for one tournament for $700-$750 or so (plus shipping if needed) for the "tournament grade home model".  That should give you an idea on pricing.  And having played on the table, I can tell you it is a quality table.  
The quality of the table is on par with the highest grade Tornado non-coinop or non-coin Bonzini, and better than anything else for sale in that price range (and the top non-coin Tornado or Bonzini is NOT in that price range).  And the rods are BETTER than Tornado rods.  It is a quality table, at a fair price.  

As far as does the table "allow" for more ball control? What do you mean by ball control?  You can do pushes, pulls, rollovers, tic-tacs, front pins, back pins, kick-shots, bank-shots, etc.  I would say it has more control in a pin than Tornado, but not like Bonzini in a pin.  And the table is ALOT sturdier than a Warrior.  

Will it compete with Tornado when it comes to playerbase, I am not sure what you mean.  Every tournament that is held competes with other tournaments for players, regardless of what table is used.  The tables compete in the marketplace for sales.  Players buy the table they like to play on.  Tournament players might buy the table(s) they are going to compete on.  But in general, tournament players will attend tournaments based on how well the tournaments are run, and whether they think they will have a good time at the tournament, whatever the table.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »
Thanks Pat, you answered all of my questions. Hope you're doing well. This is Mark. We met at the last Jimmy V (I paired with Fuji in the DYP) and I saw you last at the Texas Pete in Winston. I really like that price range. From what you're telling me, ball control should be perfect. I don't want the ball to be AS sticky as Bonzini, but it's nice to be able to walk the ball in the French style. Really looking forward to this table and that price range is right up my alley. Hope to find something used around $800.

As far as player base, I've already seen that Bryan Jones just won in Florida, and a few others that I recognize are really promoting this table. What I mean is that there are a lot of Tornado players out there, and much less Bonzini, but it seems like Fireball might have a greater pull for both styles. I like going to tournaments where I see a lot of players crossing over, playing different tables. I just played a small Saturday night DYP in Jacksonville NC where I ran into players I knew from from both Bonzini and Tornado, and met some new Tornado players. It was Tornado. I really like the new table. I'm more of a Bonzini player, but I'm really starting to enjoy Tornado. I run into a lot of Tornado players that swear they'll never play Bonzini, and I get that, but I really enjoy meeting players who love playing on any table, and learning new things, even if they do stick to their pull shots (like yourself :^])

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 02:11:23 PM »
Oh, Mark...The one with the nasty 2-bar shots on Bonzini.  Now I remember.

I haven't played on the fireball table in about 6 months or so.  But I remember being able to walk a pin easier than on a Tornado.  Also mush more back-pin friendly. The ability to walk the ball on the Fireball is due to the grippiness of the ball, still a hard playing surface (like Tornado).  But it should provide enough grip for walking the pin fairly easily.

And yes, there are some die hard Tornado players that will not play tournaments on anything but a Tornado, just like there are some french style players that will not play on anything but Bonzini/Rene Pierre, but for the most part, most players are open to playing foosball, whatever the table. 

And I do stick to my pullshot, especially on Bonzini :)  Doesn't mean I don't shoot anything else though.  I just figure, in competition, I should shoot the shot that gives me the best chance of scoring that particular ball that is in play, 95 times out of 100, that is the pullshot for me.  However, when I play for fun, which is more often than I play competitively, I rarely shoot the pullshot, usually tic-tacs, front pins, kick-shots, banks, whatever seems fun at the time.  I will have some extensive table time in a Fireball in about 3-4 months or so.  The Fireball US Open tournament is being held near my home, so I can give you a better analysis after I play on it for an entire weekend, and see some other locals play on it as well (we have a couple of pack-pin shooters that I want to see shoot on it).  Hope all is going well with you.  I am sure I'll see you later this year at one of the Bonzini tournaments.

Pat Ryan

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 08:38:25 PM »
Just poking fun Pat. I know the drill. Too bad I can't follow that advice. I like losing too much. I've been working on back-pins myself, so let me know how that all turns out. Oh, and you're right about that. Some Bonzini players are just as adamant. Not me. If you told me there was a Garlando table within 100 miles of me I'd check it out. Never played it. Got to try it. Peace.