Foosball.com Forums

What time period is my foosball table from? (pictures inside)

Sorry, I registered just to post this because I don't know where else to turn. I'd really love to know where my table comes from. It's made out of wood, has metal cupholders and it says Harvard on it.

I put it up on Craigslist for 600 bucks for the hell of it but I'm really curious about it because I can't find pictures of it anywhere when I search for Harvard foosball tables.

You can find more pictures at the ad: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/1822842505.html

Any ideas?

Re: What time period is my foosball table from? (pictures inside)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »
By the look of the heads it was around the French revolution.

Re: What time period is my foosball table from? (pictures inside)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 09:29:39 PM »
My parents have a table like this. They bought it about four years ago at Sears. I don't know if yours is a different model, or if Harvard makes good tables at all, but theirs is absolute garbage. You have to literally put the guys with their feet standing straight up in order for the bar not to swing around, and they've Gorilla glued several of the heads on the players because they would fly off during gameplay. I'd guess the base on theirs is 1/8" melamine hardboard, since it actually bends when you pin the ball hard.

All in all, I'd recommend searching your local Craigslist for other foosball tables to see what they're selling for, because even a Tornado Cyclone beats the hell out of this table, and those regularly go for $300-500 on most cities' Craigslist boards. I would definitely not recommend anyone to pay $600 for this table, so I'd recommend that you drop your price.