Foosball.com Forums

de-humidifier vs Cyclone II

de-humidifier vs Cyclone II
« on: July 08, 2010, 10:23:41 PM »
Hey folks, I've got a Cyclone II at home in a newly finished basement.  It turns out I need to run a de-humidifier as well.  I'd like to hide it under the foosball table.  There's still plenty of room for feet, however my main concern is whether it would be bad for the de-humidifier to be so close.  The inlet of the de-humidifier is on the side, and the outlet is on the top.  That means it can easily draw fresh ambient air with out the foosball table interfering, but it also means it will be blowing very dry and slightly warm air right on the bottom of foosball table.

Bad idea?

FYI, the basement is not very humid, but I get some moisture that slowly permeates the basement walls.  When set to 45%, the de-humidifier cyles on and off every 5 mins or so.

Thanks.

Re: de-humidifier vs Cyclone II
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 07:51:27 AM »
I had my Tornado coin op near a window a/c.It was no problem until the drain on the a/c got stopped up and it spit water for a few days when I was on the road.The cabinet swelled on that corner.Fortunatly it didn't affect the playing surface but i'm sure it reduced resale value.Didn't help my floor either.Dave

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »
I'd personally try to place the de-humidifier in another location.  Granted the wood in a foosball table is far different than that of a guitar, but it is wood after all.  Guitar's in a warm dry climate don't like life too well.  Tornado's are very resilient to most things - but for longevity's sake, I'd try to toss the de-humidifier in the corner or something.  Just a thought.

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:44:45 AM »
Thanks for the input folks.  I was thinking of maybe coating the undersurface with polyurethane just to be safe, but for now I will see how much of an eye sore it is just sitting out once we get the room furnished.

Thanks.