Foosball.com Forums

Table identification question

Table identification question
« on: July 18, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
Im trying to find information on this table.  It appears to be a brown marble table without  coin opp.

Well for some reason Im not able to attach an image.  The table doesnt appear to be a split type table, it is a valley/tornado and looks like a brown marble table without the coin opperation system.  It is said to be a tournament table.  

Although this is my first post I have been a lontime lerker.  I have read the table history trying to find info on this particular table.  

I believe valley/tornado  did make a brown/marble table for tournament play but I thought it too was a split table top design...?  This table only has a ball return on one side.  

Any info is appreciated, here is the listing. http://anchorage.craigslist.org/tag/1847243760.html
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:53:10 PM by AKBlue »

Re: Table identification question
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 12:17:38 AM »
early 90s table

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 03:00:54 AM »
Thank you for that info. 
Wasnt it late 90s that Valley started to put out tables with tornado?

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »
This is a pre Valley table, probably built in the Rendon, TX factory.  If you buy it you should invest in a brand new set of men and the clear side strips and you will have a table that is as good as what we play on tour today.  Your going to spend 3 hours reassembling the men to the rods so you should consider doing the upgrade now while all the men are off the rods.  It is also much easier to replace the side strips when the rods are out of the table.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 04:58:01 PM »
Thanks guys.  I am leaning towards new or tournament used.

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 11:31:35 AM »
I would offer $600 for that table, then spend the $200 for new men, trim and Bearings before I bought a new one.  I would most likely go as high as $750 knowing that is probably a better table and you can get today. Some of those tables have 100,000 plays and are still in use today.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:55:44 PM »
Thanks edgeer,  I will consider that.  It does have at least one bent rod though...
Thanks again.