Foosball.com Forums

Best Foosball Balls

Best Foosball Balls
« on: November 16, 2010, 03:28:34 PM »
Iam getting my coin operated brown marble up and running, cleaned it, leveled it, ordered a few new things and a few things to have on hand just incase.  I still need to order two 2 man bars, but that will have to wait a little while and it seems playable for now.

I cleaned the balls too, but I was wondering what the best ball is for pinning and control?  Maybe the 9 original balls that I have are what I need, just thought I would ask if there was something better to make play more enjoyable for us since we are new to this.  The original balls seem pretty slick and hard, but maybe that is what I want?

Thanks-Scooby

Re: Best Foosball Balls
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:31:37 PM »
I think you need to clean the balls, tie them in a sock and throw them in with clothes through a wash cycle. Then you need to tumble them in a cylinder lined with 30 grit sand paper. I use a plastic gallon container that I spray glued sand paper on the inside surfaces. I then wrap it with sheet foam, much like back packing camping, under the sleeping bag stuff. Over that I wrap a towel so it all stays together on the tumble in an unheated dryer. That's what I do and it comes out good.