Foosball.com Forums

Fargo, ND Turf Tournament Series - FREE PUNCH AND PIE

Re: Fargo, ND Turf Tournament Series - FREE PUNCH AND PIE
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »
Foosball tournament this Saturday, March 12.  Let us know if you can make it.  I think everyone knows the routine by now.  For the second tournament the last couple times we've been doing a pick your partner style tournament.  I imagine that's how we'll do it again this Saturday.

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 08:34:46 PM »
Hey Joe, I'm not gonna make it.  Have a good one,

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 03:31:03 PM »
sounds like you'll get a few people from the G-F

Offline Joel

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »
How did the tourney go on Saturday?

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 12:42:06 PM »
Foosball tournament this Saturday Apr 9th.  We're coming down to the wire on these so make your presence known.  We'll likely have the 2nd table brought in again.  I've asked if there was any way for us to be able to use a different table as a secondary.  It just doesn't work with the bar politics unfortunately.  We'll see what we have for numbers, but one idea is to start the tournament on the main table.  The 2nd table would be for practice and loser bracket as games become available.  We'll sort that out on Saturday once we lock down the numbers.

If you can make it, let us know.  If we start the first round on the main table we may be able to start some matches as people are still showing up.  Please try to be there by 1 p.m.

Joel, sorry for the late response. I didn't see that there were any messages on here.  I think Kane and Pat won the last tournament...  Possibly against Preston and Matthew.  I tend to get distracted on the sidelines though, so I can't say that's what happened for sure.

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 02:10:31 PM »
I'm just wondering what kind the free pie is.  But you should press the bar to tell the vendor to bring a table that has actual goalie rods and not the 3-bar for a goalie, they probably wouldn't have a clue, but it's worth a try.  Wow, those must have been some long games if Pat and Kane were stuck on the same team.  Not sure if I'll be there, but whoop them good for me Joe if I don't. 

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 10:29:52 PM »
humble pie... all you can eat.

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »
lol, good one.  I'm hoping to make it, think Brock is too.  Check on those Forks dudes.

Offline Joel

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 09:12:19 AM »
I'll be there for the tourney on Saturday and it looks like 3 others from work will be joining.

Since we're down to only 2 tournaments left, can someone post the current points standings? I'm curious to know what the "Grand Prize" is for the overall winner.

Also, what is the plan once we finish these last tournaments? Anything else in the works?

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 10:54:48 AM »
I'll try to get the standings and grand prize information on Thursday.

I haven't heard anything as far as foosball events after the last tournament in the series.  We might see if Sports Bar would be interested in doing a tournament.  I can't say for sure, but I think we'd have a better chance of being able to bring in a respectable 2nd table.

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 04:08:54 PM »
I will be there.  Do you guys need anything for the tables?  guys? pins?  I have all that stuff on hand and can bring them if needed....

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
I haven't had a close look at the table.  I know a few bumpers are broken, and some are starting to go.  Getting the games company to fix anything is like pulling teeth, so we'll do what we can on thursday, but if you can bring some bumpers, and couple guys/pins, they may come in real handy. 

The 2nd table that the games company brings in has the wrong bars on both goalies, so much so that the center goalie travels outside of the goal.  Not sure if we can do anything about that. I'm gonna try to get the number for the games company to see if they'll fix it before the tournament.  It's looking like we may have one of our higher number of player turnouts so that 2nd table maybe be unavoidable for play.

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2011, 11:39:37 PM »
I will bring all that jazz.  It is rediculous that the gaming company will not work with you when all you are doing is making them money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 01:11:49 PM »
cool, we can just add extra bumpers to the goalie rods, that should help.   

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
I called the games company today and tried to lay out the issue as best I could.  I did talk to the guy that handles the foosball tables and it sounded like he understood the issue.  He said he would look into it.  If the the rods can be switched from offense they'll do that.  If there are no goalie rods on the table, then he said he would look into finding a different table with the correct rods to bring for Saturday.  I got a message to call the company back, but the guy I was supposed to talk to is out to lunch.  Hopefully good news.

TJ, I'm sure you were gonna bring a pin punch, but I figure if the rods are just switched and they haven't fixed it, we can fix it before the tournament.  We're more concerned that there are 4 offense rods on the table and we won't know until we see the table again.

Joel, I've been bugging Kelsey the Turf Mgr with texts all morning.  I've asked twice about the Grand Prize and he hasn't said anything.  As far as standings, I went to the Turf to look for the brackets, but the barkeeps didn't know where they were.  Kelsey said he would have the current standings summed up on Saturday.

The best I can do previous to that would be to piece together the information on this thread + my alcohol brutalized memories.

Mar 12 - 1st = Pat + Kane
             2nd= Preston + Matthew

Feb 19 - 1st = Pat + Stranger
             2nd= Joel + Joseph

Jan 15 - 1st =
            2nd=

Dec 18 - 1st = Guy + Einer
             2nd= Joel + Matthew

Nov 20 - 1st =
             2nd=

Oct 16 - 1st =
             2nd=

Beyond that, I remember that Joel and Flotty won a tournament, I don't know when or against what team.  Also, I think TJ and Preston won a tournament in this series but I don't remember when or against what team.  The rest of the gaps I fill in with Pat and Kane because they somehow draw each other all the time.