Foosball.com Forums

WTB a Bonzini or Rene Pierre in the NW

WTB a Bonzini or Rene Pierre in the NW
« on: October 04, 2010, 05:50:09 AM »
Hello All,

I've played foosball for years (on a crappy table) and am looking to buy a used bonzini or rene pierre. I have a couple little ones that are always messing with my foosball table and I can see an accident around the corner. Rather than having to keep them away from my table, I'd like to encourage them to play but I'm worried they'll get hurt. I live here in Portland, OR and I'd be willing to pick up pretty much anywhere in Oregon or Washington.

Re: WTB a Bonzini or Rene Pierre in the NW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »
Salsa,

I would highly recommend Alan (or Gloria) Cribbs of BonziniUSA.com. In the 70s RP seemed quite playable ,but their once was quality has deteriorated through time. I could not be happier with the slightly used Tournament Bonzini I got in Oct 08. I do respect & agree with safety first.  jkh

"Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened'.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »
Awesome... Thanks for the advice.. Quick question, how does a Bonzini play with tornado balls vs cork? Thanks again!

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 03:13:56 PM »
Tornado balls will feel heavy & slick partly negating the ball control inherently Bonzini. To me that's the fun part while the telescopic rods are a safety bonus.  Traditionally (you may recall) the cork balls were white, then natural, now yellow painted as used on the BonziniUSA tour. World Cup Bonzini uses the ITSF-B ball so you may want to try those too (super yellow visible, durable, round, still grippy & fun.) FOUR rules. 1. have fun 2. no spinning 3. have fun 4. taking one in the EYE or the family jewels violates rules 1 & 3. Hope this helps Salsa.   John

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:45:03 PM »
thanks for all your help! I just picked up a Bonzini B90 and this table is awesome! The coolest thing is I don't have to worry about the little ones on the other side of the table.

Offline alaris

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »
Great picture! Thanks for sharing :)

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »
now if we could only get some Bonzini tournaments here in the NW.....

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 01:26:57 AM »
That would be a long drive :D

If you want your men upgraded to ITSF specifications just let me know.
I'll upgrade for free, you only have to pay for shipment.
About $36.00 FEDEX Ground.
Turn around in about 5 days.

Your table looks great. ?Maybe someday we'll be able to hit the NW with an event.

Alan

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »
thanks for all your help! I just picked up a Bonzini B90 and this table is awesome! The coolest thing is I don't have to worry about the little ones on the other side of the table.

Nice, where did you end up getting the table from?

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 02:39:26 AM »
Alan, thanks for your offer. I've been amazed at how having a Bonzini table is like being part of a special club. What does the upgrade entail for the men? Would it be a swap? Or is a modification of some type made to the men? How different will it play with the upgrade? thanks for your offer! I really do appreciate it!

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 02:45:02 AM »
JinHo, I picked the table up from a craigslist ad. I drove my family across 4 states stopping at every tourist spot so the kids wouldn't get bored. The trip was great. The table itself has a great story. It started off in Paris with the original owner. The owner then took it with him to Rio De Janeiro, then he moved to the US and brought it with him. Then I took a trek to bring it to it's current home, here in Portland, Oregon. I think my table needs it's own passport! :)

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 04:37:39 AM »
Interesting story about the table.
See your ball return is located on the right hand side. And the handle shape is a U.S. design
This was a modification made specifically by me for the U.S. market.
U.S. players like to practice alot and the original French tables have their goal on the left hand side.
On your table, at one of the ends, is a serial number stamped into the wood. If you can forward me that number I can track the origin of your table.

The man modification will improve ball control. You would be without your tables use for about a week.

French Model

U.S. Model

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 05:36:50 PM »
Alan:

Who is the one selling this table in Nags Head, NC?

http://outerbanks.craigslist.org/tag/1969202531.html

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »
I don't know.
But if I had seen it in time I would have bought it.
A gentlemen from Ohio bought it last week I think.
I'm doing the men upgrade for him in a few weeks.
That was a hell of a deal.
That table could have sold for $1,800.00 easily.

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 11:10:28 AM »
Alan:

I know this is a super old post, but I wonder what happened to this table:

http://www.netfoos.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2040

I'm still trying to find a super great deal on a Bonzini B90 or B60 for the kids to play on (and the big kids to play on as well).  The tables I find that are great deals seem to only be out East, and I'm worried about shipping costs and possible damage to the unit.  On the slim chance I am able to find a table with a seller who will work with me on shipping...what is the best and most economical way for someone to ship a Bonzini table?