http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/spo/2006354122.html

I can buy this for $500.00

Thanks again

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: New member with a few questions
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 08:13:25 AM »
Scoob-

Now your on the right track!! Thats a older Brown Marble coin-op and possibly the best table Tornado ever made. Looks to be in pretty good condition by the picture but make sure and inspect 1. laminate (chips) pieces missing etc. all around the table. 2. playing surface (no bubbles or warping of the playfield, you can usually see a water warped surface with the naked eye. 3. Goals ( no chips in the corners from constant hammering) 4. Coin Mech ( make sure the ball drop mech is working smoothly and inside is in good shape. 5. Bars (some bent bars are expected but usually the goalie 2 bar is the worst, inspect and make sure it does not look like a bannana) 6. Men and pins (hairline cracks in the men usually start around where the roll pin goes thru the man, If it was me I would knock all the pins out just to check them and the condition of the men) also look at the rubber bumpers to see if they are split. Ok Scoob there is the short course, take a friend to help you load that table weighs about 325 lbs. The top does come off that table for tranport and I highly recommend you do that and take the legs off. Oh ya and offer the guy about $350-$400 and see if he bites. That table will last your lifetime if you keep in maintained. And don't get to addicted!! My wife keeps me in check and this game will stick in your head all day long if you let it. Good Luck!!

Snake

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 08:20:19 AM »
Oh ya and if you buy this table DO NOT use that WD-40 they have sitting on top the table to lube the rods. It will ruin the plastic bushings, buy some good silicone lube off foosball.com and use BB sized amounts of it on the rods until you get your desired smoothness. The craigs list post says MUST SELL use that to your advantage :).

Snake

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 11:58:05 AM »
Update:Negotiated price over the phone is $450.00.  I will use your punch list and go from there.

Thanks again

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 03:28:35 PM »
Nice, let all of us know on here if you bought the table and how you like it. Not a whole lot of difference between that table and the ones we play national tournaments on, a few upgrades you can do yourself (if you feel the need). Brown Marbles are awesome I have one myself. Check out the Black Light upgrade kit sometime, pretty cool and the kids really like it. Good Luck!

Snake

Offline JnK

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 05:04:24 PM »
yeah they have the mercuial bars if i remember correctly, those bar's were the best bars ever made for tornado,

in my opinion id rather have that table than a t3k ....the bar is super durable compared to the new bar but thats just my opinion...

it might feel alittle bit heaver, but when u touch every table it will be just like magic ;)

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 05:48:56 PM »
Snake, I took your punch list with me:

The laminate on one end was broken at one time, all the pieces are there and reglued, so it looks like it is cracked up.  Not sure what to do with it, but I will see.  I have a buddy in the countertop business, maybe he can help me, or maybe I will have to find a couple of tornado stickers to cover it up and then use the other one on the other end to make it match.

The playing surface looked good, but there are some lighter areas, so this could be the damage you talked about.  I can see it, but I cannot feel it.  Iam new to this, so I hope I did no make a huge mistake.

Goals are fine

Coin mechanism is fine and he had the key too

2 bars are bent, the 2 you predicted, but it is playable.

Men looked good, but I did not pull the pins.

Rubber bumpers are new.

Final price-$400.00.

He had the tool to remove the bars, 10 balls, and the original owners manual.

Any advice on where to find parts for this old girl?

Thanks again!

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »
Parts are available right here, from the great people that provide us with this forum!  FOOSBALL.COM  !!!

http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/tornado.html

You got a great table (for the same $400) and this one will last a lifetime.

I still have my brown marble from 1990, still plays great!

Have fun!!

P.S.  If you have any questions with regards to any cleaning, repairs and maintenance, feel free to ask!  This forum is a wealth of knowledge!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:00:51 PM by PatRyan »

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 11:27:22 AM »
Thanks for all of the help everyone!  We got the table downstairs............this thing is a bruiser!  Yes I would like any and all advice I can get on cleaning and maintainence of my new table.  When I buy something new and it is older I like to start from scratch if you will, so the first thing I would like to do is clean all of the bars and re lubricate and clean the play surface.  It came with 8 of what Iam assuming are the original balls, should I keep playing them, or is there another ball that I should be using?  Do you do anything with the wood handles, or just leave the "patina" alone.  Anyway to ID how old this is?  The counter says it is working on 15,000 plays.

Again, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all of the help in guiding me to a table that is far superior to what I was going to originally buy......................for the same price!

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »
I would be interested in knowing what the "optional" upgrades are?  It has a drink holder on one end, it appears that there was one on the other end at one time too, can I get another one?

Offline JnK

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »
sure u can do anything to your table, the thing with drink holders if its glass, from time to time a shot hit to hard might accidently break the glass or beer, or what ever it is,  it has happen, so just be weary if it u put drinks on it, next to know is, u can change the handles to the plastic ones if u choose too, just like the players the handles have pins tooo,

when u do play, if u dont like the feel of the handles, u can buy foosball grips, u can buy these online, or just buy tennis grip, its about the same thing , just dependin on the grip some last longer than others depending on play time,  u could clean all the bars, just dont use double D 40, that was never meant to be a lubricant on the bars, get some liquid silicone from, ur nearest supplyer or, goto foosball.com and purchase some.

dont clean your bars untill u get some liquid silicone, that lube is the best for the bars, and only just alittle needs to go into ur dual bearings to lube the whole bar,

u should check all the pins  to see if anything is cracked or not, instead of just knocking them out i was just practice controll with the ball, and also check the level of the table,...

what u would do is spin all the feet wheel counter clock wise so the feet are as close to the top, and use a level,, or adjust so there is no slant or anything u can do this your self but it can be alot of work, but once u learn how to u, u can adjust anytable by urself, becareful it is a realy heavy table use 1 knee to lift and adjust dont just lift with your back and adjust u could get a hernia LOL trust me it has happened

after u checked all the pins are good HAVE fun practicing, and if u have any more questions feel free to ask away,
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 12:57:08 PM by JnK »

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 04:14:07 PM »
Scoob-

Upgrades....Where to start here. 1. Tornado offers new handles (one side yellow/one side black) with a thin rubber coating on them >>they are sweet<< 2. New Bearings (called low profile) for the new T3K, they inhibit the near and far wall stick pass a little unless your Tony Spredeman. 3. The new clear side strips in place of the (old white ones) OH YA and a Fooslight,,,,you got to have one of them to reduce eye-strain. They have a website all of their own, good investment you never have to move the table under a light again. Just an FYI I pulled all the old brown marble laminate off my table and put stainless in it's place,,it looks killer and believe it or not the table is heavier than before!! Ha Ha. If you really want to see some good foos look up players like Tony Spredeman, Ryan Moore, Billy Pappas, Rico Collignon, Tray Mcmillin, Dave Gummeson to start. Give you a good feel for what tour players do on a Tornado.

Happy Foosin'

Snake

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 05:49:20 PM »
Do you have any links so I can check some of this stuff out?

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 10:38:39 AM »
Scooby,

Check out InsideFoos on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/insidefoos#p/u

Not all videos are of Tornado Tables, but probably half are, and that ALL have great players in each video.

You can also just search youtube for "Tony Spredeman", or "Ryan Moore" or whomever, and get many results.  If you search Billy Pappas or Frederic Collignon, you will get a wide variety of tables, but the same skills on display  :)

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 05:22:08 PM »
I have an early 70's deutscher meister table how much can these be worth.