Foosball.com Forums

Newb Question - Handle Wrap

Newb Question - Handle Wrap
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:41:59 PM »
Hi All,

I'm a pretty new foosball player and have a question about Handle Wraps. I recieved a set of 8 Forten handle wraps the other day, but I have no idea how to apply it. I can't find any guides online, and obviously being brand new I haven't been to any tournaments and don't know anyone who can show me.

How do I apply the wrap so that it will stay on? On the end of each wrap seems to be a small amount of black tape that says Forten on it. What is the process for wrapping the handle and the securing it? Thanks!

Re: Newb Question - Handle Wrap
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 05:14:45 PM »
Actually, not a bad question at all. Those darn wraps still give me fits, lol. Some of the wraps don't give you a rubber type band to keep the ends in place so what I do is get a small diameter bicycle innertube an cut 3/4" rings from it. When I wrap a handle I start in the "valley of the handle and go out to the closest part of the handle to the table and then back over the handle toward the end (away from the table) using 1/4 overlaps or so. You will find what works for you,,Then you take the band and ring it on the last wraps. Just start it  with you index finger and go the same direction as your wraps so everything stays tight and that's it! I found this to be a source of stress in tournaments at first but develope your own style of putting them on and go with it, it's all good. :)

Re: Newb Question - Handle Wrap
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:57:42 AM »
if i shoot a roller ,i roll more of the wrap in the "valley" of the handle so it makes it all flat across , pullshooters dont need to fill in the "valley" of the handle as much since you use that spot for your thumb/finger

it all depends on your hand/wrist etc for the best comfort in shooting