Foosball.com Forums

I just bought a new Tornado Cyclone II, quality is not "#1" priority

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
Re: I just bought a new Tornado Cyclone II, quality is not "#1" priority
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 06:42:26 PM »
Right on. Make sure the replacement bars are correct for the table also. High volume production runs result in a percentage of defective bars especially plating defects. Sounds like you have a quality vendor concerned about helping you out in the warranty end. I love a happy ending.
Oly

Offline JohnyAsbury

• foosn@comcast.net
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 08:19:45 PM »
Another flaking rod !!!   I just emailed Brunswick/Valley, I asked that all of my rods be replaced...lets see what happens.  First rod was replaced a week after I got the table, and now it took four months, but another rod is flaking...UGH !    (Cyclone II )

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 12:41:50 PM »
I too bought a cyclone II about 6 months ago.  My problem was the second screw in  the bottom pan fell out and it was impossible to get access to replace the screw so the sound it made was not the usual thud.  I contacted my local retailer and expressed my concern.  It did take several months to finally get an answer and I heard excuse after excuse.  I do have to say he was more than willing to replace the table, but I took the opportunity to upgrade to the tournament 2000.  It took 3 months to get it replaced but I strongly reccomend if you can upgrade, do.  My rods by the way were starting to flake too.  The rods are similar in teh two tables but the manufacturer told me the 2000 tables rods undergo a heating process that makes them better plus they are lighter.  I do have to say it was hard to see my cyclone II go after so many hours bashing balls around, but manthe 2000 is awesome.

Offline JohnyAsbury

• foosn@comcast.net
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 08:12:16 PM »
Hmmmm...tell me more about this screw....  My thuds don't sound the same as the T-2000.  But I did notice that my rods are more of a dull finish. They are the same rod thickness as the T-2000, because I did a paper and pencil rub on the T-2000 rods, and compared them to mine (Cyclone II) and they were the same.  The plating finish is what worries me.  2nd rod flaking in 5 months. And of course this being at home, it dosent get that much use....

Offline JohnyAsbury

• foosn@comcast.net
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 08:15:37 PM »
Anyone have the phone number to Brunswick ?  They don't list it on their website.

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 09:53:06 AM »
If you will look under your table there are actually 3 screws that attatch the pan.  The one closest to the bottom of the pan is easily seen and fixed if it falls out.  The problem is with the second one, or the one near the center of the pan.  If you look you will see that the screw is visible but angled so that you cant tighten it or replace it unless there is a screwdriver i've never seen.  I contacted my vendor who put me in touch with one of the big wigs at manufacturing to explain my problem so he could determine if I could fix it.  The only way to fix that problem is to take the table apart.  I very easily could have used liquid nails or some sort of adhesive bonding stuff, but really didn't want to modify the table becasue a table that costs that much shouldn't require that in the first year(this happened within the first week).  Not to mention I wanted a 2000 so, it was a situation that played to my advantage.  The sound the ball makes upon being scored is different brand new or not.  The sound it makes with a loose screw will wake your neighbors.  I asked the tech at valley dynamo or brunswick valley dynamo what the main differences between the two tables were and he said the rods.(and about 100lbs of weight)  They are both hollowed, but just look at a 2000 set of rods and you can clearly see the difference.  Cyclones are much more reflective and the 2000 are much less.  I think the cyclones rods are definately heavier.  I do have to agree it was a process that took way too long, but I was told the reason I got my table last week was because there was a big vendor show here in Orlando and my retailer was there and made a comment about how long a customer of his had been waiting for a 2000.  the next monday it was shipped out.  I work in retail and sell high end billiard tables as well as some less higher end foosball tables.  The best way to get something accomplished is to keep going up and up until you get to the right person.  Ask to speak to the bosses boss and maybe you'll get an answer because believe me I heard every excuse in the book.

good luck

Offline JohnyAsbury

• foosn@comcast.net
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 09:08:39 PM »
My pan was also very loose. I had 4 screws on each pan, 2 on the top, 2 on the bottom . I could barely get the two bottom ones tight. That was using the smallest Phillips screwdriver that I had. I cannot tighten the top screws. Now I know what your talking about. It did quiet it down somewhat. Thanks for the tip.

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 07:06:31 PM »
Good. Support your local vendors. Thank them for supporting the sport we love. It is the vendor who pays the money up front to place coin op tables for us to play on for only a tiny fraction of the cost of a new table. Witholut the vendors making a profit there is no foosball. They are going out of their way to provide parts at probably cost to them so you can play. Go outd and play a $10 roll of quarters once in a while to support the sport. It is not the vendors that cause the chrome to peel. It is a fact that in high production volumes a certain percentage of defects will occur. The higher the volume, the more defects are produced. This is a sign the sport and volume of tables is growing. 
Oly

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 06:00:19 PM »
The Cyclone II tables come with the chrome plated rods, They have had trouble with these rods flaking for years, The T2000 Coin Ops come with the hardened rods, They have a dull finish and are not chrome plated, the pin holes are machine chamfered as are the ends, these are awesome rods, The chrome ones are junk, Read my post above.

Offline JohnyAsbury

• foosn@comcast.net
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 08:32:28 PM »
Yes, they are junk, and I have a new set of hardened rods on the way...

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 12:42:10 AM »
I have my first foosball table ordered.  It's a brand new coin op from the Kentucky 30k championships!  I'm siked!!   (Except for the part that I have to carry it up 3 flights of stairs :(

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »
I'll tell you the 2 piece tables are 10 times easier to move than the 1 piece....I just moves my 2000 from orlando to panama city and it wasn't difficult at all.  What was funny was the fact that all of my packing blankets that I had saved for the past months in prep of the move were wrapped around my table....

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 11:12:35 AM »
I buy tornado cyclone2 and legs are lose