Foosball.com Forums

In the market for a table

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
Re: In the market for a table
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
Now, you need a quality light. Foosball.com has some brackets that will look and fit great on that table for about $69. Talk to Jim Waterman.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 07:28:01 PM »
you cleaned that up nicely, it looks mint and the old Brwn Mrbl with the metal feet is probably the most solid table Tornado has ever built so when you get one in good condition you get a fantastic table and the playing characteristics are very close to the current tables

and if you decide you want to, you can update this table with all the changes on the current table because Tornado was careful to make sure it was all backward compatable

handles, bearings, balls (dah), men, and side strips as well as the cosmetic changes like the cool stickers

however, don't feel any pressure to make any of these changes unless you end up playing local or national tournaments on tables with these changes...the changes only make about a 10% difference altogether (maybe more with banks alone :)) and none of them will impact the life of your table

great job and again congratulations...stop by and let us know how things are gong...

foos on dudes

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 06:02:50 PM »

Nice scoop dude!

I can tell too by the way you're taking care of it that it's going to last you a long time. That's really good bang for the buck, you'll definitely get $450 in entertainment value AND be able to sell it for what you paid if you take care of it.

If you're going to be playing on any newer tables you may want to pick up at least 2-3 of the latest red 5hr tumbled balls. They do play differently and if you're not used to them it's a bit of a surprise to your shots when you go to play on a public table that has them.

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 02:35:01 PM »
ok so it took a little longer for the pics but since then ive stripped down every rod, man, bumper, and bushing. i scrubbed everything in the hottest water i could tolerate. ended up replacing 2 rods, one handle, and i put brand new men on the front lines.

im not sure how the counter works (mechanically) but there is a lever on the counter that does work if i move it. the number will increase. i feel like there is a part missing. maybe a cable, idk. im also missing a game win counter on the top. i see the factory drilled holes. im thinking they were removed for the token player marker. im also missing the locks for it.

one question. is there supposed to be a coin bin? like how a dynamo has its own.

anyway here are the pictures of it. after all the work it feels almost brand new. one thing im a little concerned about is that there are "dead" channels in between each row it seems like. the balls just like to stop dead perfectly between the men. resulting in alot of reserves. i dont remember this happening on the dynamo i used to play on in college. all my foos playing friends think the tables is great so i guess im being too picky for a table of its age. truethly, i love it.

Sounds like you put in quite a bit of elbow grease...I think your table looks and works as it should.

Instead of hot-hot water, I probably would have just used Simple Green and an old toothbrush...I can't stand the smell, but it definitely does the job of getting all the grime out and off the table.

LOL, there isn't a cable on the game counter thing...when you push the coin mech in, it should spin the big metal ball holder thing and if the counter is set up correctly, when it flips the balls around it triggers the game counter.  Pretty simple design, and extremely easy to bypass should one want to.

The extra set of factory drilled holes was probably for the ash tray holder.  Not sure what a token player marker is or a coin bin...is that where you put your coin/token to let everyone know you want next game or something?

I would probably get rid of those 2 ugly exterior locks and get 2 factory cabinet locks...you could probably wood fill the screw holes so they were barely noticeable.  What does the inside of the cabinet look like?  Does it have the coinbox/lock assembly?

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »
ok so it took a little longer for the pics but since then ive stripped down every rod, man, bumper, and bushing. i scrubbed everything in the hottest water i could tolerate. ended up replacing 2 rods, one handle, and i put brand new men on the front lines.

im not sure how the counter works (mechanically) but there is a lever on the counter that does work if i move it. the number will increase. i feel like there is a part missing. maybe a cable, idk. im also missing a game win counter on the top. i see the factory drilled holes. im thinking they were removed for the token player marker. im also missing the locks for it.

one question. is there supposed to be a coin bin? like how a dynamo has its own.

anyway here are the pictures of it. after all the work it feels almost brand new. one thing im a little concerned about is that there are "dead" channels in between each row it seems like. the balls just like to stop dead perfectly between the men. resulting in alot of reserves. i dont remember this happening on the dynamo i used to play on in college. all my foos playing friends think the tables is great so i guess im being too picky for a table of its age. truethly, i love it.

Sounds like you put in quite a bit of elbow grease...I think your table looks great and works as it should.

Instead of hot-hot water, I probably would have just used Simple Green and an old toothbrush...I can't stand the smell, but it definitely does the job of getting all the grime out and off the table.

LOL, there isn't a cable on the game counter thing...when you push the coin mech in, it should spin the big metal ball holder thing and if the counter is set up correctly, when it flips the balls around it triggers the game counter.  Pretty simple design, and extremely easy to bypass should one want to.

The extra set of factory drilled holes was probably for the ash tray holder.  Not sure what a token player marker is or a coin bin...is that where you put your coin/token to let everyone know you want next game or something?

I would probably get rid of those 2 ugly exterior locks and get 2 factory cabinet locks...you could probably wood fill the screw holes so they were barely noticeable.  What does the inside of the cabinet look like?  Does it have the coinbox/lock assembly?