Foosball.com Forums

Possibly picking up a table...

Possibly picking up a table...
« on: January 12, 2011, 12:51:43 AM »
Hey all,

I missed out on the Gray Marble I saw a couple days ago, but I found another table of interest that I may be picking up this weekend. Here are some pics and a couple of questions...

The seller wasn't sure of what model it is. The pictures are a little dark, but it looks like a non coin op Brown Marble?

I know on the coin ops that flip open you can unscrew the legs for easy transportation but being that this doesn't flip open can the legs be unscrewed? If so what kind and size of wrench do I need? I've never seen one of these things in person, and I might have to get a Uhaul!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:54:26 AM by foosclues »

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: Possibly picking up a table...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:27:45 AM »
That looks like an mid-ninties "Home Model".  There were really only 2 models then, The Coin-op and the home model.  Both were really good tables! It is mid nineties based on the fact that it has plastic feet instead of the large metal ones used in the early nineties.

Yes the legs come off, you will need a 9/16" deep socket and a ratchet, also might want to bring a 9/16" wrench as well. 

PR

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:23:37 AM »
basically this is a brown marble Cyclone...really well made table, much better than the later Cyclones but going from a Grey Marble to this is a big step down...this table is 18-20 years old and a Grey Marble is 3-6 years old and it is a Coin op having better resale, better rods, and better playability

how much is the person asking for this table...shouldn't be higher than $350 and that is top top dollar for a 20 year old home model when you can buy Brwn Mrbl Coin Ops for $300-$450 or a Grey mrbl from $500-$700 (or less if you get a miracle like we have seen recently  :P )

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »
He's is asking $350 and says it plays like its new. Its actually the same person who was selling the gray marble I saw for $400. It looks to be in great shape in the pictures, and most likely is if he is only asking $50 less than the gray marble coin op. Then again, the gray marble may have been in need of some love... :P

Say it really does play like new, no bent rods, nice play field, etc... what do you think?

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:06:14 PM »
Man, this is a terrible table -- for a terrible player.

Purchase a child's table; you have no idea what you're doing.

What's with the fruity emoticons?

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:40:14 PM »
jhammon, If you don't have anything useful to say, why even sign up on this forum?

Thanks PatRyan and bbtuna for your much more helpful comments.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 09:51:51 PM »
very once in a while we get a troller on here, best thing is to just ignore them and if you do, they go away quickly because they are just trying to stir up an reaction, people like that don't exist as far as I am concerned

i would hold out for a coin op, but if I was going to buy that table, I would try and get them under $200 comparing the grey and the age of the brown

but, the best thing to do is to be patient and keep after it looking for the right deal...probably won't find a $400 Grey again but I have seen many of them sell for $500 and that is a totally killer deal

feel free to contact me via email any time and I will help as I can, answer questions, evaluate potential tables etc

let me know a couple things, what is your background in foosball, what do you want from foosball in the near and distant future, and what is the maximum you are willing to spend?  you can answer these here or email me if you prefer.

Regards,
bbtuna

Charles