Foosball.com Forums

Plastic handles

Plastic handles
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:00:05 PM »
I am about to place an order for new handles for our table at work, and I had a question. I played on a competition table the other day, and the handles were grippy with no wrap - it was almost as though they had either rubber coating, or the material itself was some sort of rubber. I'm buying the plastic handles from the Tornado site, but I haven't seen them in person yet. Are they smooth plastic, or are they grippy? Do I even need to add grip wrap to the new handles?

Offline BillV

Re: Plastic handles
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:33 PM »
The plastic handles from the tornado site should be the same as what you tried. Slightly grippy, all plastic. They seem really tough and many don't think they need wraps. I still use wraps on them because I play on tables of many vintages, some wood some plastic and I prefer a consistent feel. I suppose if you sweat alot you would want wraps too.

Bill

Offline BillV

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:29:47 PM »
Since it is a work table I would definately go with the plastic. Easy to clean up and most players will like them fine.

Bill

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »
The new plastic/rubberish Tornado grips are fine raw, but added grip is always appreciated...especially if you shoot a rollover.  I can only imagine how raw your wrist would get after a few intense hours of playing some foos.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:00:14 AM »
The problem is that the handles at work get so manhandled that wraps rarely last more than a month or so before getting gross and warping. I'm using golf club tape under the wrap and wrapping them tight with tennis finishing tape at both ends, but it's just too much work and expensive to keep wrapping them on a regular basis. If the plastic grips from the Tornado online store are the same rubberized grips from the Tornado competition tables I recently played on, those will work perfectly for us. Are you saying that they are in fact rubberized? I shot plenty of snake shots on those tables, and they worked beautifully.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:02:53 AM »
Whoops, BillV, I just read your first reply now. That should be perfect, then. Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 03:05:54 PM »
The problem is that the handles at work get so manhandled that wraps rarely last more than a month or so before getting gross and warping.

If nothing else, I'd use a wrap just for hygiene sanitary reasons...or keep a bottle of that hand sanitizer handy.

The best grips without wraps I have used are the Fireball handles...very grippy without wraps.