Foosball.com Forums

How to fix a loose man

Offline fis

How to fix a loose man
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »
I thought I'd post this question separately because it was getting sort of off-topic in my "1 goalie vs. 3" thread.

One of the men on my new Tornado coin-op is loose (i.e. completely loose -- he can spin freely on his own) and frankly I'm new at this and not sure how to fix.  A punch was included but I hesitate to take a hammer to my new equipment when I'm not sure what I'm doing.

So I am looking for a tutorial on how to replace a man.  The instructions at http://www.foosball.com/content.php?page=84#replace_man are a little confusing to me just because I don't know the vocabulary.  Honestly I'm not sure what exactly is broken because the man appears to be perfectly intact.  Are there any videos showing how to replace a foos man?

Re: How to fix a loose man
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:34:52 PM »
sounds like the man is fine-just need to replace roll pin. You will need to line up holes on man to hole in rod and use punch to knock out. Maybe you will get lucky and a roll pin is inside table around where you found punch. Once your able to get old pin out it should be all lined up to tap in new roll pin with hammer.

Offline fis

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »
sounds like the man is fine-just need to replace roll pin. You will need to line up holes on man to hole in rod and use punch to knock out. Maybe you will get lucky and a roll pin is inside table around where you found punch. Once your able to get old pin out it should be all lined up to tap in new roll pin with hammer.
Thanks.  Do I punch it out from either direction?  (front to back vs. back to front)
Just support the rod and take a hammer to it?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:21:21 PM by fis »

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »
Thanks.  Do I punch it out from either direction?  (front to back vs. back to front) 
Just support the rod and take a hammer to it?

If it's only the pin being replaced, just hammer the new pin in, which will drive out the old broken one.

Offline fis

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 12:20:37 PM »

Thanks.  I took the plunge, supported the rod, and took a hammer to it.  There was a half a roll pin in the rod.  I punched the other half partway through the man and now it's holding secure -- at least temporarily.

I am ordering a new roll pin and with luck will be able to complete the whole operation without removing the other men.

Question: Do these pins break with any regularity?  Should I order spares?

Offline KX5

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 12:50:12 PM »
they sometimes do but it depends on your play style, I would order about 20 to 30 of them.... they are really cheap and its kind of a waste of shipping to send only one.

I would also order 2 of each color men, 2-3 bumpers, 2-3 bearings, and 1 bearing nut.

With all that you should be good to go for quite some time. First you want to look over all the men and make sure there not cracked if they are order replacements for them, and also look at the bumpers to make sure they are good to, and order replacements for them as well.....

when its all said and done you would want to have ordered enough stuff to fix the broken pieces and still have the number of stuff extra i said above.