Foosball.com Forums

Foosballs

Foosballs
« on: January 17, 2011, 11:27:52 PM »
Got the Tornado's Pink Urethane compound ball - 5hr tumbled.

http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/fts-110-005.html

They play okay, but they don't seem to be completely round as they don't roll true.

What's the premier foosball ball for my gray marble?

Re: Foosballs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 11:46:50 PM »

Crap, I just ordered some of those :P

I hope they're ok, I like the fuzzy balls. I heard some people raving about the Warrior yellow balls so I ordered some of those too.

Anybody here tried the Warrior balls on a Tornado table?

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 11:53:33 PM »
I'm not sure what's "normal" in terms of roundness - they may be just fine.

Good choice in getting two type; you can see what you like.

My understanding was that the "reds" were tournament balls so that's why I got them.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 07:15:21 AM »
Hell yeah the you can almost put a thumbnail mark in the warrior ball thats how soft it is. It's incredible grippy on the Tornado table. I like the 5 hour tumble balls but probly like most of you our local pub table gets alot of play and wears them down to "beanskins" so I got used to the fast action. Then when you go to the new "fuzzy" balls it's a whole new game. Keeps you sharp though!!

Snake

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 03:03:03 AM »

I was just down at Mort's tonite and played a few games with the red 5hr balls. They definitely play a little different. They don't seem as grippy as a nice sanded up old pink ball. I think the plastic is a little bit harder so even tho they're nice and scruffy, they aren't as grippy as you'd first think. I didn't test for roundness, but they do look like they roll a little weird sometimes. I think they're probably round but with the extra fuzziness they might be sliding some as they're rolling so they don't look like they're rolling true. Just my initial impressions.

I liked them for passing and single man shots didn't need a lot of adjustment but more complicated shots I was having trouble getting a feel for them. I do a lot of reverses off back pins and those were mostly the ones giving me fits. My long pull was surprisingly good with them - fast, long, hard, and dead square. I got a few to take home and practice with, I think I'll end up liking them once I get a better feel for them. Better grippy than slippery :)