Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Blue Marble?

Tornado Blue Marble?
« on: January 24, 2011, 02:45:39 PM »
Hello all, I am trying to get back into foos, and now that I don't have access to a table, I am in the market for one. I've done a lot of research online, and this is by far the most helpful resource. I've learned what to avoid and what to look for, for the most part, and have some possibilities for purchasing a couple nice coin-op tables. In my searching, I found a couple brown marble tables, one that needs some men replaced, that I am pursuing. However, I found one ad that lists a "Tornado Blue Marble Foosball Table"  listed for $450 on craigslist. I've searched around on the forum, but I can't find anything about a blue marble table. I'm wondering if it is one of the dynamo blue marble tables from when they merged with Valley? Did Tornado ever make a blue marble table? I'm waiting to get a response from the ad's poster to see a picture, maybe that will help. Maybe some of you can share some wisdom.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: Tornado Blue Marble?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:05:52 PM »
never heard of a Blue Mrbl that is Tornado, I think you are probably right about Dynamo...

this thread will give you something about pricing except I think the Brwn Mrbl pricing should be updated so that the range is $250-$400 and that is assuming all parts of the table are good

men are $5 each, Rods are $35 plus shipping, ect...look at the thread and it talks about what to look for and deal killing issues

http://www.foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:29:24 PM »
That thread has been my main resource for my shopping, very helpful. I found a brown marble listed for 200, the owner replaced the rods, but never took the time to reinstall all the men, and then lost them all in a move or something. He's selling it as is, it has the 2 goalie rods and 2 man rods with men, but the 5 and 3 man rods are both without men and bumpers. It also needs a key for the coin op mechanism. I'm going to try and talk him down on the price a little bit, and possibly trade something with him to lower it even more. I figured out that my parts will cost about $150 with shipping, which puts it right in the price range I'd expect to pay for a table like this, but if I can get the cost down it could be a pretty nice deal. The only downside is that it is about 3 hours from me. I'm waiting to hear back from him to see what the status is on it.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »
Tornado did have a very short run of special tables for Nationals(?) somewhere in the mid-90s(?) that used a blue marble laminate. Otherwise the table was standard Tornado coin-op. They also had blue and white men. Someone else would have to verify the info but I've played on such a table so they do indeed exist.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 01:18:48 AM »
If that's the case with this one, the blue and white men should be a dead giveaway. I'll know if he ever sends a picture my way. I think I'm going to pass on this offer anyway. I sent an email asking him to take a few pictures, and asking wether or not it was coin op, and he dodged my questions in his response. He only replied, (with no capitalization or punctuation) "sry i didnt take pics let me know what you think" Seems like a questionable deal. I'm just going to be patient and wait to find something good, and see if I get a deal on anything. It would be nice if he had some kind of limited edition table and didn't know it though.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 10:21:32 AM »
Doesn't the original Home Model from Tornado have a blue marble laminate?

As in the example on this page:

http://web.archive.org/web/19970210064630/www.foosball.com/jimbo.html

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
I think you're right about that, I found a picture of this old ad:

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 02:27:56 PM »
I had that exact same HM2000 in that brochure, and although in that picture it looks sort of bluish...it was most definitely grey.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »
Well, if you end up getting the brown marble table, I've got a whole set of counter-balanced men I've been looking to part ways with. I had them on eBay for a while, but had no takers, except for this one annoying guy who kept on trying to offer me $50 for all the guys.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 11:53:44 PM »
I heard back from the guy with the brown marble table, I may be setting something up. If that works out, I will have to get 8 yellow and 8 black men, plus a couple extra, so probably 10 of each color. I'd be happy to get them from you instead of ordering online if you have a reasonable price, but I don't really need a complete set. Send me a PM, and I can let you know if I end up getting that table. The supposed "blue marble" owner hasn't sent any pics so I have yet to solve that mystery