Foosball.com Forums

Thinking about new T3000

Thinking about new T3000
« on: February 08, 2011, 04:52:04 PM »
Hello everyone...first post. I have been an occassional fooser for about 15 years on and off now.  Just recreational. Not a big Foosball area that I live in and career is not too conducive to traveling to play tournaments.  Here is my question. I have owned a tornado HM2000 since about 1995 and it has been o.k. however I was thinking of upgrading to the new t3000 home model
 Any thoughts?

Re: Thinking about new T3000
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 08:39:46 PM »
Sorry I was interupted before I could finish.  What I want to know are peoples opinion of Tornados latest table.  I have done a bit of reading.  It seems that some think it ranks up there with the best made...yet I have also read about rods bending, rods not being drilled correctly, and men breaking.  Not sure wether to wait or go ahead and pull the trigger on one of these tables.  I don't see any reason to go with the coin-op.... Am I missing something here???  I have read time and time again "go coin-op" but I cannot find a reason, if I was going to buy a new table, why to buy the coin op versus the home model.  Let the home model flogging begin? 8)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:42:43 PM by paperboy »

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 01:55:36 AM »
the issues with the T3000 have been fixed and it is a great table...the build quality is as good or better, than anything made today in the world...with that said, the build quality and consistency in little details (none impacting performance that I know of right now) is not as good as the Brown Marble which I think is the best table Tor ever made

The Grey Marble is number 3 IMO and the current T3000 is number 2 over all but I think it plays as well as any table they have made better if you consider the improvement with banks and other shots or passes using the wall

I own a T2000 split top home model non-coin op...it plays as well, the only difference is the weight of the coin mech/box which amounts to about 25 pounds...still, buy the tournament used coin op because if you go to resell it some time in the future, your buyer market is bigger with a coin op because people who might buy the table to put it in a commercial place are potentials and if YOU decide you want to put it in some place to make a few bucks then you have the option

Besides, the difference in price is nothing…buy a tournament used coin op from Charles MacIntosh since money doesn’t seem to be an issue and tell him you want a table from a recent tournament because the earliest ones aren’t as good…I don’t think he has any of the original ones so it prob isn’t an issue but better say it up front…

http://www.tornadofoosball.com/index2.html?gclid=CLzOuae--qYCFULNKgod_BmiCA

Also, if you can afford it, buy the FoosLight…best lighting for a table I have ever seen…several others have done something nearly as good but none so consistent, available, and IMO priced right…the link is below, they are temporarily out but I think Charles sells them and probably has stock

http://www.fooslight.com/

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 02:29:59 PM »
Thanks bbtuna. That makes me feel a little more comfortable about buying one.  If I buy one, I really don't ever see myself getting rid of it but who ever really know where life takes you. Agreed the difference in price is negligible and the weight is a non issue ad I run a shooting range and have plenty of lead shot I plan on putting inside. I have checked out Charles McIntosh website and iwill give him a call. Looked at the fooslights too. I am sure when it comes to function nothing compares but I may go with something a little fancier in brushed steel or stained glass. Thanks again!

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »
i hear you about the light but finding a solution like you are talking about is the trouble...I have done a ton of searching for lighting options but haven't seen anything like this but if you are handy, you could of course make your own and if you do, you can make a second one for me  :P