Foosball.com Forums

Brown marble classic with some major issues!!!

Brown marble classic with some major issues!!!
« on: March 04, 2011, 02:58:10 AM »
I've been looking for a Coin-op for a long time, I wanted one that had a good cabinet and playfield but needed some upgrades like rods, bearing ect... Well I found a table that was just that but when i got it home I found that the ball didn't bounce off one side of the goalie wall, it just stopped dead. I'm fairly certain the MDF must be rotten behind the laminate as to absorb the engery of the ball. My question is... Where can I get the replacement MDF (or wood, whatever it is) and the laminate for it?  The table is a Brown Marble Tornado.  Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Re: Brown marble classic with some major issues!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 04:59:38 PM »

First, are you sure it's not just de-laminated? If it is you might be able to slip a glue filled syringe in between and re-glue it.

If the MDF is rotted or missing behind there I would probably use Bondo to fix it. We use it to restore rotted window frames on old houses and it works great but you need some basic Bondoing skills. For me, this would be the easiest route. If you don't have the skills maybe you know an auto body repair guy or painter that could do it for you. You don't want to get Bondo anywhere near a foos table if you don't know what you're doing. It also stinks to beat hell so make sure you do it outside or with good ventilation.

Hope this helps, if you're able to do the repair it will be better than new.