Foosball.com Forums

help with Tornado Elite play surface (delaminating?)

help with Tornado Elite play surface (delaminating?)
« on: February 28, 2011, 12:26:23 PM »
Hey foosball experts...

I recently inherited a very lightly used Tornado Elite table.  I used to play a bit in college, but not since.  Taking this as an opportunity to get my kids into the sport.

The table's in great shape, not a scratch on it, it plays really nice.  However, the playing surface has started to come away from the platform beneath it.

I know nothing about these tables, or how they are constructed.  The play field appears to be a ~1/8" flexible surface (melamine?), laying on top of a much thicker (3/4"?) wood platform.  It does not appear to be glued or fixed to the underlying wood in any way.

After being in my house for a few weeks, the play field has started to bow up in the middle.  I can push down in the middle of the playfield to flatten it out, but within a couple of minutes it bows up again.

Is the play surface supposed to be glued or laminated to the wood platform beneath?  If so, can I remove it and re-glue it?  Or is there some other mechanism in place to keep this from happening?

Thanks in advance for any help...

- Gordon

Re: help with Tornado Elite play surface (delaminating?)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:17:05 PM »
hey foosball pros!..just wanted to know how long can a tornado or warrior table last if it is always cleaned and covered. what is the first part to break or go?

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »
The Tornado will outlive you.  A few broken men, pins, and bumpers.  The Warrior will last until you run out of wood screws.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 09:29:22 PM »
perfect anawer....thanks!