Foosball.com Forums

Dead ball situation

Dead ball situation
« on: March 11, 2011, 10:16:29 PM »
Hi,
I have a foosball table with a glass covered top. Hence, if a dead ball occurs, I’m unable to take the ball using my hands.
The only way is to lift the table to get the ball moving.
If this is the case, should the ball be served again through the serving hole at the middle of the table and served by the team who has last scored ?

or should the game play on with the ball to be passed back to the team who has last scored
Please advice me

Re: Dead ball situation
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 08:52:38 AM »
If the ball can't be reached by either player/team between the 5bar,serve goes to original server of that point.

If the ball can't be reached by either player/team anywhere else on the table,ball is put into play from the closer of the two goalie areas.

In case of emergency break glass.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 08:59:29 AM »
VC_33,
Welcome to this chat area.  You will also find alot of really interesting & useful foosinfo at other areas of this site.  John

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:27:46 AM »
In case of emergency break glass.

LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »
best thing to do is get a real table warrior or tornado with no glass....

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 03:49:55 PM »
any foosers out there in hawaii?..oahu?...looking for some games..

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »
This story reminds me of a funny situation that happened at a trade show in Orlando. Alan C from Bonzini USA fame and I were walking the floor at the show and came across a gumball machine foosball table. You put your quarters in, a gumball resembling a soccer ball rolls onto the playfield, and after scoring in one of the goals the gumball drops out for the customer to enjoy. So Alan and I put the quarters in, the ball drops down, Alan does a quick wall pass, pinching the gumball, which instantly exploded into powder. Offering to clean our mess, it was only then that the vendor realized they didn't have the special wrench to unscrew the glass top fasteners to get to the playfield. So the 2 of us, wearing our foosball shirts (yeah, real experts on THAT table), had to say 'sorry' with no way to actually clean the mess. Funny as hell about 5 minutes later, but... :o

Tyler

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 07:47:17 PM »
Reminded me of Bulushi busting up the guys guitar in Animal House.
Kinda of said "Sorry" and then walk off.
Damn the memories :D

AC

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 08:20:43 PM »
any foosers out there in hawaii?..oahu?...looking for some games..

I got this from the ustsf directors list
Hawaii   Mark Askey   tigerclanfoosball@gmail.com

...now back to the topic...
How easily does the glass come off?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 08:23:38 PM »
Yeah email or call Mark Askey. He is a super good guy and pretty much does everything foos related in HI. I can put you in touch w/ him via PM if you need.

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »
mahalo!

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 12:27:03 AM »

Damn the memories :D

AC

Yeah...like the bonzini tour...
Sure do miss playing...

[/quote]

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 07:49:42 AM »
The Bonzini U.S.A. Foosball Tour is still alive.
Just plan on the 37 Annual NC State Foosball Championships Sept. 30th through Oct. 2nd.

There are still some plans for local events floating out there. After 14 years of hauling tables up and down the road my back just needs a little rest. As the saying goes, "if tournaments made money, then everybody would be doing them". It's tough to pull off so please support your local Bonzini U.S.A. player groups in the meantime.

We'll have a great NC State. Break Time Billiards is already planning on it as well as me. There will be a golf tournament April 14th at Castle Bay Country Club is help raise funds for the event and build donations for Brigade Boys and Girls Club.

AC

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 08:52:19 PM »
...which instantly exploded into powder. Offering to clean our mess, it was only then that the vendor realized they didn't have the special wrench to unscrew the glass top fasteners to get to the playfield. So the 2 of us, wearing our foosball shirts (yeah, real experts on THAT table), had to say 'sorry' with no way to actually clean the mess. Funny as hell about 5 minutes later, but... :o

Tyler

I woulda let that vendor dude sweat it out and demanded that he give me the foosball/gum that I purchased, LOL!  Although if it exploded into powder, which I am still trying to imagine, not sure I woulda put it anywhere near my mouth.  Could it have been an old arse jawbreaker or some other type of candy?

Out of curiuosity, did it look like this:

http://www.candymachines.com/Foosball-Soccer-Gumball-Machine-P220.aspx

That thing actually looks pretty cool...might have to add that to the game room.

Or was it this lamer version?

http://www.ecrater.com/p/8709394/magic-soccer-jumbomatic-gumball-superball
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:56:50 PM by jinhopark »

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 09:05:01 PM »
Jinhopark,

LOL - it was the top one, pretty cool machine minus the inability to get to the playfield! Powder was a bit of an overstatement, more like 12 small pieces and some dusty rubble.  :)

Tyler