Foosball.com Forums

Can anyone identify this table model?

Can anyone identify this table model?
« on: October 22, 2012, 11:03:49 AM »
HI

I am looking at buying the following table but can't see it in person and am trying to figure out which  model it is.  Its a coin-op model:

ALso, if you recognize it, can you tell me what you think a fair price would be?

Thanks!

HB

Re: Can anyone identify this table model?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »
That is a Tornado "brown marble" coin-op. Check out this link for all sorts of useful info about the table including prices.

http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

After looking at the photo close up, I can see a lot of rust on the rods and the cabinet seems pretty chipped up. You may want to offer a price that is on the lower end of the scale in bbtuna's thread.

Kevin
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:13:24 PM by kgstewar »

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »

Thanks for your help.  Good point on the rust.

This person has  three tables for sale, two are dark mahogony and one is blonde.

You can see all the pictures here:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=6dc45aa45897faad&id=6DC45AA45897FAAD%21183&Bsrc=SkyMail&Bpub=SDX.SkyDrive&sc=Photos#cid=6DC45AA45897FAAD&id=6DC45AA45897FAAD%21191&sc=Photos

Any thoughts on which of the three i should preference?  I'm a little nervous because i can't see them in person.

Thanks for your thoughts.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »
The brown marble one looks rusty, but the other brown one doesn't looked marbled.  And then there is the blonde one.  Neither of those two look very rusty.

So damn confusing haha.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »
After looking at BBTUNAs thread, it seems like the brown marble would be the best, but it clearly looks beat up and rusty.  The blonde he seems to recommend against.

So that leaves what appears to be the mahogany coin op version in the pics that may be a good bet?  Asking $700, but seems a little pricey?

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »
The brown marble one looks rusty, but the other brown one doesn't looked marbled.  And then there is the blonde one.  Neither of those two look very rusty.

So damn confusing haha.

This link requires a login and password. Can you post the pics somewhere else?

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »

Here is the craigslist posting with pics:

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/spo/3346696274.html

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 02:09:50 PM »
The brown marble looks pretty beat. I'd pay no more than 250-300 for that. The mahogany coin-op looks better, but I'd ask for some close-up photos of the goal areas so you can make sure the laminate is not chipped around the goals. I bought a mahogany coin-op last year for $350 in like-new condition, and I really like the table a lot. I'd say no more than 450-500 for the mahogany table so long as there are no major issues.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 02:12:17 PM »
You've been a huge help!  Thank you!

Great deal you got on your table, huh? :)

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 04:07:14 PM »
You've been a huge help!  Thank you!

Great deal you got on your table, huh? :)

I did get a good deal! One piece of advice I got when I was searching for a table was "Be patient". Sure enough, that worked! If you are not in a rush, I guarantee you will find a very nice Tornado coin-op for a very good price. Check lots of CL ads, expand your radius, if possible. I also got one of those iPhone CL apps that alerted me as soon as a Tornado coin-op was posted. I'm sure that's how I was able to get the one I ended up with. I bought it within hours of the ad being posted.

Good luck!

Kevin