Foosball.com Forums

One second rule for a stopped ball?

One second rule for a stopped ball?
« on: April 12, 2011, 09:03:11 AM »
Is it just me or was there a rule about the definition of a stopped ball stating that "stopped" meant it had to be completely still for a full second before being declared "stopped"?  I don't see it anywhere in the rule book but it looks like the rule book on line was last updated in 2007 so I wasn't sure if something had changed since then.  Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: One second rule for a stopped ball?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »
i believe the rule says that the pass must be immediate. If there is any delay it is illegal. There is no mention of time but I would say that a full second is likely illegal.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 11:50:02 AM »
Thanks Alaskan Thunder...I read that as well.  I guess I'm asking if anyone has ever seen that one second rule out there...it's more of an "am I going crazy?" and a "I want to win this argument that I've been having" type of thing.  :)

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »
Well since I have my Ref Cert. I guess that i have to chime in. The ball cannot stop, the rule is that if the ball stops then, not legal. (There was once a time that it could be stopped for LESS than 1 sec) But with the new rules it has been changed. So it is just like the 3 wall rule, it must be immediate. So in short, the ball cannot stop. And it would be better to just run with the it cannot stop at all part. Follow?

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »
Thank you sir!  So I'm not crazy, that rule did exist at one point in time but currently, DO NOT let that ball stop!