Foosball.com Forums

New guy on this forum.

New guy on this forum.
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:04:49 AM »
Hello,

I really enjoy playing foosball and over the years, I decided to turn it up so years ago I bought a very nice Tornado Coin-op table.

Then I met a girl, got married, realized the demon she was, started over again and out comes the old foosball table.

That said, I cleaned it up really well and I now need some recommendations about oiling for the rods. I saw some stuff on ebay, but I want to make sure it is the right stuff for my table.

Any suggestions?

Some pictures can be seen at the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmaxnakron/sets/72157626316607515/

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: New guy on this forum.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:27:05 AM »
I would recommend the fooslube sold at foosball.com, the gracious host of this forum! 

BTW, nice table, circa 1991 (brown marble and big metal feet).  Sweet!

PR

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:31:50 AM »
NICE TABLE!!! I had one exactly like that, man I wish I had it back. On top of metal feet mine had aluminum sidestrips on the playing field does this one have those also? Brings back the good ole' days thanks for posting.   Snake

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 11:39:02 AM »
Tornado tables nowadays are sold with a bottle of liquid silicon.  So I would suggest using that.  Similar stuff I've been told can be bought at model shops as well.  

In fact, this is the stuff right here: http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/fts-110-035.html

Of course, WD40 is out of the question.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »
I would recommend the fooslube sold at foosball.com, the gracious host of this forum! 

BTW, nice table, circa 1991 (brown marble and big metal feet).  Sweet!

PR
Now that you mention fooslube, do you remember the weight of the silicone oil used by fooslube?  Can't find the post where this was in... I remember it's a very standard weight sold by bigger amounts at hobby stores.

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:35:57 PM »
I do not have a clue.  Never worried about it, always just bought a bottle from foosball.com.

Sorry I can't be of help.

PR

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
I bought some from the foosball.com shop. It should last me for years....

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 10:55:44 PM »
;;
Of course, WD40 is out of the question.

And using the end of a Slim-Jim during a pinch is even more out of the question! ;D

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 09:13:47 AM »
However, using a Slim-Jim in a pinch is MUCH better than using WD-40, easier on the bearings!  ;)