Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Cyclone opinions...To buy or not to buy

Offline Solid

Tornado Cyclone opinions...To buy or not to buy
« on: May 23, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
Anyone know how the Tornado Cyclone plays compared to the coin-ops?
I Found a guy who is selling one new in the box.  He said he paid $1200, asking $900, and would take $500.
I don't know how old it is. or if it's a Cyclone or Cyclone II.
Should I take it or wait for a deal on a coin-op?

Solid

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: Tornado Cyclone opinions...To buy or not to buy
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:36:02 PM »
wait for a coin op

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
Old coin op > New cyclone

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »
Cyclone > No table....LOL!  I'm sure waiting for a bargain coin-op to pop up in your area can be agonizing.

I think you have to be proactive and find out who the major vendors in your area are.  You'd be surprised what they have sitting in their warehouses, or at locations not making money.  I know someone who found a mint "broken" grey marble sitting next to an air hockey table at a hockey rink...he was finally able to speak to the rink manager and noted to him that it has been sitting there with an "out of order" sign for over a year.  The guy was finally able to get the table for a bargain price, and all that was "broken" on the table was a cracked ramp and the coin mech was all gummed up...

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 11:50:23 AM »
How long have you been looking for a table.?  I think a lot of fun foosball could be had on a cyclone 2.  Often overlooked in these discussions is actual cash value i.e. what would someone else pay for the table. If you bought a cyclone 2 in excellent condition for $500 could you sell it 6 months later when you found one of those coin-ops.

I think you could resell for close to $500 and at least have a table to play on now.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 02:57:21 PM »
Cyclone II - not so funny.  I bought one new over ten years ago and, after a decade of hard play and daily practice, it is just starting to have issues.  The surface is starting to come up and will need removal and re-gluing.

Otherwise - you'll hardly notice the difference.  It is lighter, but using a rubber mat keeps it in place.
At the time it was my best option and I have no regrets

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 05:35:18 PM »
hey  crazy8, so after 10yrs. are you saying its time for a new table? id like to know how many times your men broke from all that hard hitting..and did you ever change the barrens? are the rods still straight?..did the goilie ever start to crack?..did you always have it coverd or was it always on display?..thanks!