Foosball.com Forums

The next step in Evolution.......

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
The next step in Evolution.......
« on: July 07, 2011, 03:19:43 AM »
I thought I would work a new Foosman into an old picture.

After 30+ years, I think the time has come to advance the species.

http://www.fireballtablesoccer.com/joomla15/tour-poster.html

I am not completely sold on the slogan at the bottom. If you can think of better, let's hear it.
Some people are not going to like my art work...

Brad Laurine
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:26:47 AM by BradLaurine »

Offline FOOZUL

Re: The next step in Evolution.......
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 09:22:39 AM »

Hands down, the best designed figure in foosball history yet. So much easy to control, pin, shoot and oh yeah, TIC TAC with these.
On top of it they don't break. I recommend people to come out of their shells and try a Fireball table. Now, this is coming from somebody who owns a Tornado T-3000 ,Bonzini(w/blue legs) and Leonhart_Pro Tournament table.

Offline fry

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 10:44:51 AM »
I enjoyed trying out the Fireball table at Texas State and could see myself picking one up eventually but what is the status of its various tweaks and changes?

I really don't want to buy a table while it's still in the process of being tweaked. Has it reached a sort of final version or are things still ongoing?

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:53:33 PM »
I enjoyed trying out the Fireball table at Texas State and could see myself picking one up eventually but what is the status of its various tweaks and changes?

I really don't want to buy a table while it's still in the process of being tweaked. Has it reached a sort of final version or are things still ongoing?

As long as the upgrades are readily available, reasonably priced and able to fit earlier generation tables then there should be less worry about picking up a Fireball table now...but like many others on the sideline, I am in a wait and see pattern as well...hopefully there is some thought about backward compatibility with any new updates/upgrades on the latest generation of Fireball tables.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 08:02:38 PM »
Nice poster.  Instead of "Another step...." how about "The next step..."?

John

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
Thank you for the positive remarks. I actually believe it to be true myself, but it is hard to be viewed as a Player of the game.
The NEXT STEP IS NOT BAD! I like it.

Great questions.

I will be perfectly honest here.
Tornado has been at it for 35 years. I would say the last bigger changes they made was 5 years ago with the new handles, side strip, thinner bearing wall, better emblems and silver styling.
I would say they could have used a few changes over the years but that is not for me to implement.
After 35 years, the innovations and technology, in the form of Engineering and design has been available to them and other manufactures, as well. I know the Tornado people and I know they don't want change.
Here is my problem; I want change. I want a better product as it becomes available. Fireball and our team search to make the table better and better. Will it stop, no. Change for the better, not for the sake of change.  Dovetailing the change from the next is important. VERY IMPORTANT.

Right now, the USA PRO table has reached 95% of its changes in 2010. Small tweaks here and there will be occurring. The USA PRO Coin OP will have things changed but not to the playing ability. Again, 90% completed. The ball ramps will be made from a big plastic mold, as an example. Very expensive tooling cost so that is the reason it is currently sheet metal.

Here is some of the things I would like to see made available to us as players.
Two different weights of rods. Exchange before a match...
Different colored men available to purchase.
Different sized handles to purchase.
Different colored balls.
Different hardness of balls.
Different scoring beads.
Nice lighting system.
I guess, I could go on, but the point is to always stay the same is stagnation.
Every video game I have ever played and enjoyed came out with a better version sometime in the near future. Why did we get stuck with ZERO change?

Look at Bonzini or Rene Pierre tables, they are in a time before Jesus was born.

I understand Fireball is new to you and North America. Fireball has been making tables for Europe with the Germans. The Germans were CLUELESS when it comes to making a GREAT table. I am not.
Fireball has jumped WAY ahead in the catching up process from the great suggestions from all the players. Fireball has many great things going for it prior to the US factor. We now are putting them all into a great playing table.

When players really start taking Fireball serious is when they know that the Evolution has begun.

Thanks for taking the time to read this...  Brad Laurine

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 08:46:05 PM »
To defend Bonzini, changing the table might change the game. Improving on the surface would mean making it more rigid, which actually affects the playing style because often that little give in the table makes the difference on cutting the ball, etc. The only things I wish they'd change on Bonzini are the handles(need a better product) and the walls. The walls are inconsistent for anyone with a bank shot. They don't seem to be tied down right. I LOVE BONZINI Brad, so watch yourself here;^) LOL!

What I would like to see from Fireball is an automatic leveling system(should be easy to invent) and exchangeable rods to the max(allow a Bonzini rod or whatever I want to play with; make the entire bearing system interchangeable). I agree on the weight of the rods, different color balls, especially softer(I like the new ball, but no ball will satisfy every player; THANKS BRAD for the 8 you sent; much appreciated!) and the handles(what about the new TST(?) system?)

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 11:09:34 AM »
Mr. Brad,

You don't need another graphic because the Fireball logo is so awesome!  I would suggest adding a slogan under the existing logo if you really want.   The Evolution graphic is too large to apply to multiple materials, colors will be exhausting on a printer cartridge, etc.  You may want to go with less detail and sizeable for the print work you're using.  You may also want to rotate the foosball men slightly to face the same way as the draconian man.  Darwin might be flopping around his grave a bit...haha. 

Anyway....blah blah blah.  Not a criticism, just throwing out some suggestions and saying that the Fireball logo is smokin' and speaks for itself. 

Hope I get to see you soon, it's been a while and I was hoping you would have been here with Dennis last time.

Kristin

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 04:40:04 PM »
Brad, I hadn't considered this but I think you hit on something. For competition and tournament standards, you have to have an as-is table, but for the home owner, allowing customization of the color of the men and even the playing surface, along with the ball as well is pretty cool, as long as the product is the exact same in quality, in the play of the table, etc. Even the coin-ops could take advantage of this. Not just the marketing side, but a bar or arcade could choose a table to match the decor of their establishment.

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »
Bingo! We have a winner!

Mr. Anderson is seeing the vision.

Kristin, hello to you and John. Miss you guys. I do mean that.

I wasn't thinking of changing the LOGO at all.
The Fireball logo is right on the money. I know, you know, what you are talking about.

I thought the graphic it was another marketing tool, not a Logo
The Slogan at the bottom is okay but I thought of another one.

"The next stage in Evolution..."

K, I turned the man. However, I did not turn him on...

Thank you, Brad

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
Brad, you know I'm all over this table. I got to check them out at Bull Mountain in Tigard, OR. The coin-op is NICE! I can see why you were so PO'd at the WSO when the new tables were held up in customs. No matter buddy! They are great.! I've got another hair brained idea for you to consider though,,, Since the rods are stronger than any before it and faster than sh-t, but also probably lighter than any before it, how about threading the other end of the rod to allow for an added weight option. In archery we would use weights to balance our target bows and there are variable weight systems that thread on to the stabilizer bar. I could see this as a way to match your power to the timing needed to do  shots as you like to do them rather than adjust to the table's timing. Just an out-of-the-box idea but what do you think?

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 03:27:41 AM »
Brad, are you going to sell the rods individually as well? I bought a Tornado rod for this table and it just occurred to me it would have been easier to just buy a Fireball rod to put Tornado men on.

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 05:16:33 PM »
Good Point.

I am going to try to refrain from selling product or giving Fireball site location. Mr. Anderson and OM, I can answer that kind of a question away from this board.

Brad Laurine
www.foosball.com also for Fireball parts

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 08:08:45 PM »
It's ok Brad, I think this table is just fine without changing it now that I got to play on the new coin-op. I stopped at Bull Mt. again after work today just to see if it really played that sweet. Mark had them on free play too so I enjoyed a couple of Hefweisen pounders while I explored the backpin capabilities. It just plain plays SWEET! It's like the difference between driving down a worn rumbly highway and then getting on a newly laid down roadway where it is smooth and quiet. It really plays nice! :)