Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: Fireball
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 02:26:47 AM »
Fooball.com, WHERE IS MY NEW BALL?!!!
;;
;;
;;
You only ordered one ball?  Didn't you order at least two? Seems like everyone could do with a pair of balls...
;;
;;
Unless everyone grows a pair themselves, of course.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 03:00:20 AM »
 ;D LOL! They're not available on foosball.com yet. That's my gripe. I'll order several when they finally become available sometime this week, the end of this week, the end of this month, the end of the year, sometime next Spring, who knows. If you own a Fireball and you're sick of the Tornado ball on that table, like I am, you'll be as impatient as I am to get the new ball ASAP. I'm not just a casual player. I suspect that many on this board take this game as seriously as I do and might understand my impatience. I am incredibly enthusiastic as to the potential of Fireball, the future of Fireball, and I've been foaming at the mouth since the announcement of the new ball several weeks ago. I'm sick of waiting. Nothing against Brad or any other Fireball execs, just get the dam ball out on the market. PLEASE!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 08:29:59 PM »
While helping Brad a bit with table tear downs after the WSO I asked if I could get one of the balls for practice. He reaches down and plucks one from a box and tosses it to me saying, "If it gets dirty, wash it with cleanser. That's all you need to do." What a great ball! It isn't fuzzy but is nice and grippy and is fast. I'm really enjoying it on my Tornado but I'm seriously thinking of replacing the Tornado with a Fireball. Brad has been very careful not to talk down Tornados but I think he knows that more and more people are leaning towards Fireball as they get to play them more, especially old schoolers. The rods are fast and tough, 1" thick bed and positive control, what's not to love? ;D

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »
Thanks Meister. I'm not going to talk down Tornado either. I've been playing Tornado a lot more lately and I LOVE it. I'm starting to square my push shot, and my passing's coming along. Nobody can deny the quality of a Tornado table and the precision and speed it has. Everyone says the pro game is all about that, and I get it, but I enjoy the cat and mouse of the control style of game on Bonzini. My backpin is inferior on Tornado because the ball slips too much, but I like bringing my slide push back to life and I'm also experimenting with the pull - hate the rollover though - don't want to sell out;^). Cool. I get it. The thing is, the majority of my game becomes possible on Fireball, especially with the new choice of ball. I can't wait. I'm sick of the debate about who's the better player, Euro or American style, Tornado, Bonzini, etc. If Fireball suddenly became the top choice, I'd begin to miss Tornado. Hell, I wish I could find a Garlando locally just to see what it's like. I LOVE THIS GAME!! I love the variety of styles. I can't wait to get this new ball. Sounds like it's the real deal.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »
Anderson, anyone whose game is about control while moving the ball will love both the ball and the Fireball table. Bbtuna and I have talked the backpin game many times as well as a few other "old schoolers". This table delivers! With a few hours of practice us 50+ers are 20 somethings again with our games. It is truly sweet! Texas, watch out! The northern style is coming at you! LOL! ;)

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 02:21:31 AM »
Anderson,

Foosball.com will have the balls beginning of next week.

If you want it sooner I can send some to you for whatever price Jim and Deb has them for and give the profit to them. I certainly don't want to steal a sale.

We have log nearly 100 hours on 3 balls. They are getting dirty and then I clean them with Comet and a scrub brush. It is getting harder to get them back to totally clean and bright. No chips or flat spots yet. They are staying grippy and fast. They don't roll out as straight as an arrow like a brand new one but not bad enough to get out a new one either. They all set up fine for a pull shot, either in the back or on the 3 row.

Sorry, but I am of course completely bias and can't be trusted. Please take this as opinion that comes from the guy that was deeply involved with the development of a new ball. THEY ARE AWESOME!

The Fireball Coin Op's that I have set up are fantastic!!! A little over 300 games (mech drops) they are working great. As a player, this is the best playing table I have ever played on. The USA PRO Home version, with weights in the legs play fantastic as well. It is nice to be able to say, as a player, that I can do things on a Fireball that I can't do on any other table. Like hit a square deadman 3 times in a row at a rate of speed that I normally can't do on other tables.
Again, totally bias statement coming from someone who has a financial stake in the game. Not to mention, Dennis and my desire to make the best playing table in the world.

Thank you guys for the positive comments. Fireball is proud to have you on board.

Brad Laurine
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:21:36 AM by Arthur »

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 03:16:44 AM »
Brad, I'm sure this ball is a lot like an ITSF-B ball. It can be cleaned nicely with alcohol, but sooner or later the ball retains little dents, small cuts where the ball gets harder to clean. On Bonzini that just makes them more grippy and more likeable. As a matter of fact, I traded a brand new b-ball for a very worn one in the hopes of having a ball that would give a Bonzini feel on my Fireball and it works great because of that grip. I have no doubt I'm going to love this ball. Keep up the good work.

Offline marty

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 02:28:08 PM »
Brad how does the new ball tic tac  has tony tryed it

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 03:23:33 PM »
I got a set of Fireball Black Rods and players (THX TO BRAD), while waiting on buying a Fireball table. I fitted the rods on my T-3000. I had to modify the bearings for a perfect fit...I used fine sand paper and buffed the inner parts of the bearings in the ends (used a Dremel) to widen the bearings for these rods. The result was jaw dropping. Oh yeah, I did use the New Balls that Brad had sent me and not only it's 10x better than the old ball but it's better than the Warrior and Tornado balls also....Like I mentioned, I'm still getting a Fireball table since the bearings on the Fireballs are the best in the biz and not to mention the playfield grippiness and the faster traveling bank shots. But for now this is the best of both worlds.  Enjoy the pic 8)

http://www.ccinlays.com/eBay/SG/FIRE_CLOSE.jpg

Offline Will17

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 03:53:45 PM »
That is probably the best foosball table that has ever been made! Nice picture!

Offline Will17

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »
Anderson, the F-Ball is not very close at all to the B-Ball

Brad, where do those silver/grey men come from? What color are on the Coin-op tables?

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 03:57:13 PM »
Love that pic!

My point about the b-ball and f-ball being similar is that they are both SMOOTH, and therefore at some point become less smooth while being dented and scraped during play. The result is that the dirt gets in the cracks at some point and the ball is less cleanable. Aside from that, the ball wears well and the only reason you would need to get a new one is if it sooner or later loses it's feel, the correct amount of grippyness and slip desired. I certainly hope the f-ball(I like that name, thanks for that) is not like the b-ball, because the b-ball is not heavy enough for the weight and momentum of the rods, and the b-ball isn't grippy at all on Fireball unless it's gummed up with about a year of grime.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:03:30 PM by Anderson »

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 04:21:29 PM »
Gentleman,

I believe this video will answer your questions about ball control.

http://www.fireballtablesoccer.com/joomla15/the-table.html?start=1
This will link you to a YouTube video.

I could have put the direct link to YouTube, but then I need the hits on FireballTableSoccer.com. Sorry, Shameless marketing ploy! ;D

You might check out the Coin-Op information. I haven't finished the coin-op page yet, but it is close enough. :-X

More later,

Brad Laurine

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 05:41:18 PM »
That is probably the best foosball table that has ever been made! Nice picture!
I agree, thank you for the feedback

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »
Here's a another photo

http://www.ccinlays.com/eBay/SG/FIRE_CLOSE2.jpg

TS players would appreciate my Leonhart_pro table.

http://www.ccinlays.com/eBay/SG/FIRE_LEO.jpg