Foosball.com Forums

which table to choose

which table to choose
« on: June 15, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »
I have a chance to purchase a Tornado brown marble coin op in great condition for 500 or a Cyclone II for  with a full set of extra men in mint condition for 450.  They are near each other so traveling is not a problem.  Thanks for the help.

Re: which table to choose
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:13:32 PM »
Hands down brown marble coin-op.  Try and work them down off that $500...bargain with them and tell them that the men, handles, bearings and sidestrips need to be updated (as to whether you are really going to is irrelevant).

Bring a buddy to load and unload...and the more hands the merrier.  Good luck!

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »
for sure, the brwn mrbl...500 is high end for that table even if it is good condition...keep in mind if you look it over and there are bent, rusty, or otherwise ruined rods it is 35 a piece to replace and you can use that to talk them down....new men are 5.50 each, side strips are 25 a pair and if its a Brwn Mrbl its at least 25 years old...it sold new back then for about 1000 and I think after that much time it ought to be more than 50% off besides we have tracked sales on these and they routinely go for 300-350...you don't have to get it down that low, but just so you have a point of reference

also, read my post on what to look for so you know what you are buying and other things you can bargin with...I don't want to make it sound like trouble or bad in any way, this is strickly pricing talk...it is a much better table than a Cyclone or any non coin op even the current models so you are getting a good table assuming its in decent shape and doesn't have any deal killing damage

here is the link
http://www.foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

look at Part 4 so you know what you are looking for when you go to get the table..keep 350 in one pocket, 50 in another, and 100 in another...start at the 350 level and work up from there

good luck, let us know how it goes...if you have questions or get pictures come back any time with quesitons or feel free to email me any time

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 02:33:34 AM »
;;
for sure, the brwn mrbl... and if its a Brwn Mrbl its at least 25 years old...it sold new back then for about 1000 ;;
;;
;;
;;
Tornado Brown Marbles came out in 1986?  What the hey?
;;

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 08:00:28 PM »
i was rounding a bit...Brwn Mrbls were made between 1983-1997...they stopped using metal feet in 1988 although the metal feet as parts were available several years after that...so, technically it could be 14-28 years old...is that better FK

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 05:40:59 PM »
I went to check out the brown marble and all the  rods were bent.  When I talked to the guy he said it was in great condition.  The table was but not the rods.  He would not come off this price.  It is listed on Craigslist in Des Plaines Il.  I was also greeted by 4 shady guys when I arrived.  If anyone is interested in this table and want to see it bring some guys with you.  I felt like I was going to get rolled.  He started to get edgy when I talked to him, so I got the hell out.  I"ll keep looking for a coin-op.  Thanks for all the advice

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 12:59:48 PM »
As the rapper lil wayne said..... you should have had a " chopper " in the car. 8)

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 09:15:37 PM »
I went to check out the brown marble and all the  rods were bent.  When I talked to the guy he said it was in great condition.  The table was but not the rods.  He would not come off this price.  It is listed on Craigslist in Des Plaines Il.  I was also greeted by 4 shady guys when I arrived.  If anyone is interested in this table and want to see it bring some guys with you.  I felt like I was going to get rolled.  He started to get edgy when I talked to him, so I got the hell out.  I"ll keep looking for a coin-op.  Thanks for all the advice

I don't see any coin-ops listed in Chicago on Craigslist currrently...

Was it this one in Brookfield, WI?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/tag/2435757402.html

Here are 2 tables that are really overpriced (also in WI):

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/spo/2450376109.html
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/2432781785.html

Are you located in Chicagoland?

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 06:29:49 PM »
He took the listing down.  There was no way he was going to sell that for anything less then 500.  Way overpriced.  Worth about 100.  I talked to the guy in Brookfield and he won't go lower than 525.

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »
He took the listing down.  There was no way he was going to sell that for anything less then 500.  Way overpriced.  Worth about 100.  I talked to the guy in Brookfield and he won't go lower than 525.

I know I've said this before, but for some reason the used tables in Chicagoland sell for a fortune compared to the deals I read about on here...I know of a few guys that just gave up and just bought tourney used tables from Charles and never looked back.  If you see a deal then you need to jump all over it.

Do you play at Q's or at Poplar Creek?

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »
I played at Q's a few weeks ago.  I stunk.  I haven't played in 10 years, just trying to get back in the game.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 05:20:46 PM »
Define "stunk" because there are some good to great players there...are you going tomorrow night?  I haven't gone in a while, but I will probably go tomorrow night.

Poplar Creek on Wednesday's might be better suited for your game for now, they sometimes have a beginners DYP or a no 2 pro DYP draw.

Or if you live in the city people play at Mullen's in Wrigelyville on Tuesday.

Try to make it back out to Q's tomorrow though...BTW, where do you live?

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
I live on the south side of Chicago.  I learned at Mcduffy's, which has since closed.  I am not going tomorrow.  I am going away for the weekend.  I will go out there again though.  It's the only way to learn and get better.