Foosball.com Forums

Bonzini handles

Bonzini handles
« on: June 28, 2011, 12:05:53 AM »
For any Bonzini players out there, I found a great grip solution if you own your own handles. Plasti-dip works amazingly well. Four coats ought to do it. Apply a new coat every half hour through 4 coats and then let dry overnight. Very impressive. Unfortunately, I don't think anything can keep these dam handles from breaking on you. And Alan, don't even begin to tell me I'm tightening them too hard. I had one break on my 5-man rod during play, and I can assure you I hardly assert any pressure on my 5 because my 5-rod sucks. Apparently another player has turned a pair out of aluminum which I can't wait to buy from him. I am so sick of these handles breaking on me. I had two break in one night. At $18 a piece I'm beginning to have ill feelings. The dam handles are way too brittle. They need to mold these using the same material used with the new Tornado handles. Even wood would be superior.

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
Re: Bonzini handles
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 08:04:55 AM »
Anderson,

Amazing bad luck with your handles. I'm guessing a bad batch. I've had tables on location since 2002 along with my personal table that I've had since 2000, and I have never even seen a broken handle. I know for a fact that all my tables have seen heavy use and your situation sounds like the exception, not the rule.

Take care....................................Tyler

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 10:47:45 AM »
I've had a B90 since Oct 2008. Family & friends play hard & often.  Never a broken handle nor have I ever seen one broken or even heard of one til now. Hope things get better.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:50:29 AM by jkhFoos »

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 12:29:22 PM »
I have actually broken quite a few bonzini handles.  Changing to custum wooden handles will not help the situation (been there already, broke way more handles).  The Bonzini handles just get weaker right at the end of the threaded hole from installing/removing/tightening/retightening, since the threads in the hole are actually part of the handle, and the threaded rod end bottoms out in the handle.  The only solution is custom handles (or that was my solution).  My handles are plastic, but have a metal threaded insert inside the handle that attaches to the end of the rod,  all of the tightening stress is on the threaded insert, not on the handle itself.  Have not had one of these break in over 3 years.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 12:56:39 PM »
Nice to hear from you again Mr. Ryan. Mike Giles supposedly has 4 handles turned out of aluminum in the shape of the Bonzini handle, so hopefully that solves all of my issues. It just seems that Bonzini should be able to fix these issues themselves by redesigning the interior of their handle. I suppose the fix is too costly.

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »
Here's what I use, these are Bonzini Screw on Adapters....

http://www.ccinlays.com/eBay/SG/B_H.jpg
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:26:25 PM by FOOZUL »

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 01:43:25 PM »
Foozul,

Very nice, I have seen those before.  You wouldn't happen to be able to get more of those...would you?

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 02:23:22 PM »
I guess I've had better luck since I don't change them often, some not at all.

Tyler

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 02:45:46 PM »
Foozul, where do you get those? I'm sold.

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »
I got these from Germany, but I know they are sold out, I think I may have couple extra, paid 18 EUR a piece. These work great. If you want to buy those extras let me know...but let me check first, I think I got 2 extras....

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 03:13:24 PM »
Here's where I got them, I know it's 17 EUR but I had a package deal that had handles on them for 18 Eur each....But I'm +++ they are sold out.

http://www.kickerkult.de/Bonzini-Adapter/en

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »
Guess I've been break-free 'cause I never change the handles.  Rarely does one loosen & if so I snug it up to slightly greater than finger tight. A couple of years ago I saw some handles that Bobby Yates Jr. had brought back from France.  I think they were American size & shape, a different color & perhaps material & don't know about durability.  The screw on adapters per FOOZUL seem like a good preventative.

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 12:02:05 AM »
I know Robert Yates well and I've seen his handles. The issue is that the handle turns a lot on the extension, but I'm sure that can be fixed. I just wish I didn't have to place an order to Germany. It'd be nice if I could buy them here in the States. My handles work well with the plasti-dip. It's a keeper. I'll look into those extension bars and try it with either a Tornado handle or a Fireball handle.

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 08:16:05 PM »
These adapters or even a better version can be made here, but nobody's stepping up. I'm going the TST route, very expensive but the most effective. So I'll end up selling all my 10 adapters on ebay, once I get the TST system....

For those unfamiliar with TST:

http://www.tst-systems.com/tst/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29&Itemid=17