Foosball.com Forums

Hey Old Meister, this table look familiar?

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
Hey Old Meister, this table look familiar?
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:28:21 AM »
This one brings back memories of palm roll pull-kicks and 3-man banks from either side and cross court.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/spo/2432797125.html

Thought you'd get a "kick" out of it.

(this link may expire in the next couple of weeks so check it out while you can)

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: Hey Old Meister, this table look familiar?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
Anniversary edition eh?  Now if it had the classic brown TS surface colors.. that would really provoke some memories..

Offline wildcard

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 09:39:28 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking more the look of the table bringing it back, Old Meister has the browntop logo for his avatar so I thought I would throw this out there. I wonder if the branny table plays like the old browntop, or were there "improvements" to the figures and balls that would have changed the feel. I doubt that a true original would even be in playing condition if it had any heavy use at all, but for some reason I haven't seen a browntop in all that time to see how they aged. I know that every bluetop or greentop that I have come across in the last 10 years have been in such crappy condition that backpins were the only thing I could do, and even then the bent and pitted rods made it hard to enjoy for an extended period. I definitely don't miss the way you had to readjust the men on the rods to get them all lined up with each other 10  times during a game.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:41:08 AM by wildcard »

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 06:50:10 PM »
 :) Just give it a squirt of Lemon Pledge, play some 'Zeppelin(loud) and LET'S BOOGIE! Nice Wildcard,, ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:51:52 PM by Old Meister »

Offline wildcard

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:35:28 AM »
oops I see by Arthur's recently posted rules that we can't post links to tables for sale, sorry about that. It wasn't mine to sell, I was just posting the link so you could see the picture and feel nostalgic.