Foosball.com Forums

Tornado 30th Anniversary Grey Marble

Offline hedge

Tornado 30th Anniversary Grey Marble
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:51:07 AM »
Hey Guys,  New on the boards.... Great information so far.  I  have a question on pricing for the Tornado 30 anniversary Grey Marble.  What would be a proper price to offer at this time.  He is asking $850 obo and says it is almost new??  I have found a little information on these but what should I be looking for to verify that it is a 30 Ann?  Second,  is there a link to another post on how to transport these.  The machine is about 2 hours away and I don't think my van will fit it.  I have 4 feet wide clearance.  Rent a trailer or truck to pick up?  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks  Larry

Offline hedge

Re: Tornado 30th Anniversary Grey Marble
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 02:20:42 PM »
Its sold!!  I missed it....   The search goes on.... :(

Would I be able to transport a Tornado coin op  in my Sienna van (4ft on sides)  It looks like they break down in top, bottom and legs as I have been reading?    Thank  Larry

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
I recently sold my grey marble (not 30th anniversary) for $700. It was in great condition with heat treated rods. Buyer was extremely happy. HOWEVER I only paid $500 for the table a year and a half earlier. I did upgrade the men to the new style but that was the only thing I did. So they can be had at tremendous discounts if you time it right. But as you have learned, you can't wait for the good ones, they usually get snapped up pretty quickly. Although $800 isn't exactly "a deal".
I don't think you can fit one in your Sienna Van. I could be wrong but with the rods they are wider than 4 feet. You either need a work van, a pickup truck or a trailer. They do break down but only do that as a last resort. Show up with the cash and transportation and if you like the table make your best deal. You'd be surprised if you have the cash and a way to move the table, that sometimes motivates the seller to get it done. I bought a cyclone II home model that the guy was asking $550 for $350 with that method. I actually had $500 but only showed the $350. I bought the grey marble for $500 that was being sold for $700 the same way. Good luck.

Offline hedge

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 03:54:15 PM »
Thanks for the info!!!  Its a great help!  I have a hitch on the back of the van so I'm going to check with U-haul on what it will cost me for a 4 x 6 or a 5 x 6.   Thanks agian.  Valuable info!

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
FYI: I just bought a brown marble coin-op and hauled it in the back of a Mitsubishi Endeavor. We removed the legs and put the seats down and it fit perfectly. If someone more knowledgeable on the length of the 2 rod (I think that is the longest rod?) can post the length or I can measure mine when I get home. I don't think its wider than 48".  I put a half sheet of plywood down first and the table slid right in no problem.

Terry

PS. Be patient, I watched craigslist for 4 months but got mine for $150  ;)

Offline hedge

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 05:45:19 PM »
Great Any help on how it may fit would be great.  I would hate to show up after a long drive and it won't fit.   Thanks  Larry

Offline hedge

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 09:37:51 PM »
Hey,  what do you guys think of the one for e-bay right now?  $325 shipping??  Looks like he had 2 or the first time he sold it the buyer did not pay (I checked closed auctions.  I did not inquire details on it yet but it looks like the first auction finished at about $650 shipped.   Thanks  Larry

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 08:34:18 AM »
I measured the longest rod and it is just under 50 inches. Perhaps taking the handles off of the longest rods will gain you and inch or so....might save you the expense of a u-haul trailer.

Terry

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »
I measured the longest rod and it is just under 50 inches. Perhaps taking the handles off of the longest rods will gain you and inch or so....might save you the expense of a u-haul trailer.

Terry

If you take the effort of taknig the handle off, then you might as well just take the whole 2 man rod off...which would just add 5 mins top to the job.  All you need to do iextra is take off both bearings and then you can "pop" the rod off with both men and bumpers in tact.

Personally when I move a used table, I just take off all the handles, bearings and rods...it cuts the weight and saves me from bending a rod when trying to "squeeze" through doors and/or taking a rod to the nether-regions...without the handles, you be surprised how many more vehicles it can fit in...I've put them in smaller SUV's like Ford Escapes', RAV4's and the like.

More than likely you need to take the bearings off to give them a good cleaning, so you might as well set your table up right the minute you get it through your front door...it also makes it a heck of a lot easier to transport  Just my $.02.  Good luck on finding a table!

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »
$325 shipping is way too much-actual shipping should be between $175-$225...its a Brown Marble and I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one and that would have to be in mint condition...its at 202 right now plus 325 shipping that means your starting bid would be equal to 527 which is too much...be patient like earlier poster who waited 4 months for the right deal locally

$825 for a 30th is top top dollar, I have seen at least 8-9 of them sell for $500 in the past 12 months...now I think $500 is a total steal but it seems that is what the market is doing...had a friend who sold his for 700 but it had all the updates except the strips...in that case, I thought both parties got a good deal

good luck

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »
I have a 2007 Sienna and the table easily fit with the middle seats out and rear seats down.  Table was a blonde coin-op.

Offline hedge

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 11:24:15 PM »
Awesome!!  That will save me a lot of hassle!  Larry