Foosball.com Forums

In Search of Bonzini

In Search of Bonzini
« on: August 16, 2011, 03:52:22 PM »
Hello, new to the forum and looking for a used b60 or b90, preferably on the west coast. I'm in Portland, OR, and would like to avoid the dangers (not to mention expense) of shipping if possible. Thanks.

Re: In Search of Bonzini
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
Hi there i have a beautiful b90 table for sale and i can promise u its in great shape , if you find out the shiping i will work out somthing with you , maybe we can split the shiping , i have pics if you are intrestead okay ,my name is shawn cheers

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:56:52 PM »
I have shipped a few foosball tables...including a few Bonzini's, so if you guys (or anyone else) need any help with finding a shipper then I think I can help.  I will assume no liability (nor will I receive any sort of kick back), but I will give you the contact of a LTL shipping broker that I have used to successfully ship a few tables.  I can give you some tips on packaging, and what has worked and not worked.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 01:49:16 AM »
I have shipped a few foosball tables...including a few Bonzini's, so if you guys (or anyone else) need any help with finding a shipper then I think I can help.  I will assume no liability (nor will I receive any sort of kick back), but I will give you the contact of a LTL shipping broker that I have used to successfully ship a few tables.  I can give you some tips on packaging, and what has worked and not worked.

Thanks very much; I've sent you a pm.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 09:40:38 AM »
Not sure if Alan would do this...but if the Bonzini table has yet to have the modified adjustable table legs, and the figurines have yet to be modified to ITSF standards then have the seller partially dismantle the table and send those parts to Alan, and once the modifications are complete have Alan send those parts directly to the new buyer.  Alan will charge for return shipping and the cost of the modifications, which will probably need to be picked up by the new buyer, but if you were going to do it anyway then you might as well do it now.  If something like this can be arranged then the only things the seller needs to ship is basically the table cabinet, and the risk of damage is minimized quite a bit.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 11:11:42 PM »

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 01:07:37 AM »
Yes, I saw that, but the seller won't ship. Thanks for the heads up though.

Offline alaris

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 01:29:30 AM »
Jinhopark- That's the same guys that wanted 1200.00 for the table.

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 11:53:37 AM »
Interesting...I wonder why he decided to list it a lot lower this go around?  The table appears to be in great condition.

I hope it sells for a lot...

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 12:12:44 PM »
That is odd as I was set to buy that one before I bought mine from va beach.  He told me then it was sold.  I really wanted a rustic to fit my decor better.  Hmmmm....if I can buy this one I'd ship you my other one ronron.  Is anyone here bidding on it.  Don't want to get in bidding war with someone here.

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 01:22:42 PM »
That is odd as I was set to buy that one before I bought mine from va beach.  He told me then it was sold.  I really wanted a rustic to fit my decor better.  Hmmmm....if I can buy this one I'd ship you my other one ronron.  Is anyone here bidding on it.  Don't want to get in bidding war with someone here.

That would be great, Robertmee. BTW, when this table was first offered the starting price was $100; then it jumped to $700 on one bid. How does that happen?

Offline alaris

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 02:18:05 PM »
The seller has someone trump the bids to insure he will get what he wants or it wont sale. Hence why it has been posted for sale how many times now. lol.  I emailed with him a month or so ago about the table and he wants 1200.00.  Good luck!

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »
I called him....I don't think its the same one for sale a month ago.  Said he's had alot of interest and calls from Texas.   He's going to let auction run its course which is fair even though he had it on Cl too.  It'll probably exceed what I'm willing to pay but we'll see

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »
The seller has someone trump the bids to insure he will get what he wants or it wont sale. Hence why it has been posted for sale how many times now. lol.  I emailed with him a month or so ago about the table and he wants 1200.00.  Good luck!

I understand shill bidding (which is illegal), but I don't get how you move from 100 to 700 in one bid. If the seller, as in this case, puts the starting bid at $100, and I bid 700, it should only go up to $103, or something, until someone else bids it up. Some obscure Ebay techique?

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 05:30:07 PM »
Just as a service to out of state-ers.....If you bid and win I'd be willing to pick it up and keep it in my storage unit until you could arrange shipping.  I have no means of palletizing it, so that'd be between you and your shipping company of choice.  Depending on where you are you could make a road trip at your convenience, contract one of the many DIYers that lug arcade machines around the country, or use NAVL.  I would not be responsible for any incidental damage, but I collect pinball machines and I'm very careful disassembling and hauling this type of equipment around.  Just a thought.

Oh, and if you prefer blonde to the rustic, I'd trade you too :-)