Foosball.com Forums

What ever happened to Warrior tables?

Re: What ever happened to Warrior tables?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 01:58:19 PM »
well said!...if you play it dont matter what table you play on....but some people are just looking for that PERFECT table...maybe to make they're game easier..i dont know........hey bbtuna if your ever in HAWAII, look me up and we'll get some doubles going...only problem it will be on a WARRIOR..LOL!...

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 03:44:20 PM »
if i ever get to HI i will for sure look you up...don't get me wrong, i really liked the way Warrior played and like i said, if a casual player could pick one up for $200 they would have a GREAT table for the money and if Brendan can get his quality issues worked out and put out a consistent high quality table, I would be very supportive and would recommend it to players...I think very highly of the Warrior ball, still think its the best ball I have ever played with...lots of control, keeps its shape and roughed up surface for a long time, easy to clean and bring back fresh just a great design....nothing like snagging those lose balls...i would love it if Tornado would use it full time but we know that aint ever gonna happen

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 03:55:45 PM »
I agree with BBTUNA, Warrior Ball is still the best, and visually it really works better on a Fireball table also. I also want to give props to Mark for making the best out of his Fireball table.

I would really like to see what would Warrior do to top Fireball or Tornado. As far as solid, easy to setup, power, speed, and ball control, no brand tops Fireball.

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 02:08:31 PM »
Anderson,
To the original poster, I think it is clear that Fireball is your best option.

I think you are totally right about Fireball, and when I have enough money to justify buying a Bonzini I will, I don't want anyone telling me about how it feels to play on a French table I want to own that experience my self.

Tagger,
I will probably end up buying the Fireball just because I feel the customer support that Brad Laurine will provide is amazing and rare to find with any product out there today!
Sorry this is a shameless plug for Brad Laurine but i feel he deserves it!

I am with you a 100% Brad is just that kind of guy who gets you fired up about not just Fireball tables but foosball in general, it is good to have someone that loves the sport as much as Brad does because it is essential to the development and spread of it.

I just cant wait to get my hands on a Fireball table, I'll accept any donations towards me getting one ASAP ;)

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 02:28:40 PM »
Also
I would really like to see what would Warrior do to top Fireball or Tornado. As far as solid, easy to setup, power, speed, and ball control, no brand tops Fireball.

I agree, it is always good to have competition, that will press them to improve their quality, and to innovate their designs, I think there's always room for improvement.

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »
So here is the dilemma I am facing. Long time Tornado player that rarely plays in tournaments anymore. I try to make the occasional dyp and our yearly LA state (which I will be missing this year by the way). Anyway, I sold my gray marble a few months back to take care of an immediate financial need. I will be in the market for a new table in the coming months. After reading all of the reviews of the Fireball, and seeing the tables playability on live streams I am really interested in this table. However, should someone who really only exposes his game to the Tornado tournaments purchase a non-tornado table? I usually have pretty good results even though I don't play competitively too often. I would think going from Fireball to Tornado would affect my game on Tornado. I know this will be a personal decision but thought I would throw it out there.

thanks

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »
after hearing all this talk and great reviews on fireball even im considering hooking up with one myself!......but wouldnt pay $1000.00 plus just to get one to my front door...im trying to see how much it would cost to ship one out to Hawaii...probably would be the only one to ever own one out here!..LOL!...the reviews are unbeleivable and the the table itself looks solid and i could get used to the men...hey Mr. Brad Laurine do i have any chance of getting one out here?....i love my Warrior but if i had to upgrade most defenitly it would be a fireball....but i probably would just wait to see what happens in the fooz world before i make any kind of decision...

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »
Fireball just took Tornado's place as one of the 5 official ITSF tables, if you are interested in their tournament future, I don't think you have to work on it besides, how often are you in HI getting out to tournamtents...you are playing War now, what is there to wait for

about going from FB to Tor, there is a transition and you will feel like Tor is slow and the rods are stuck in half set cement but it doesn't take long to adjust, I have been doing it once a week as I go out and play on Fri nights...it is especially nothing to concern yourself over since you are not going to Tor tournaments very often...I mean, think about how much time you spend on your own table, don't you want 95% of the time you spend on a table to be as much fun as possible?  Get the FB, who knows, you may be taking that once a year or so tournament trip to a FB tourny in the not to distant future...I am not saying, I amjust saying

8)

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 02:37:19 AM »
Big Al,
$500 to $600 depending on several factors.

It would ship out of Seattle.

Your mail box is full.
In fact, everyone's mail box is full if you even have one PM.

Brad at fireballtablesocer dot com to get in touch with me.

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 06:48:54 PM »
mr Brad Laurine,   could you give me a price,shipping and for a homemodel table..a ball park at to what im looking at to ship one to Hawaii. im pretty much interested on your tables...or could i call you??....thank Brad!..

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 06:50:20 PM »
i meant thank you mr. Brad Laurine...bad type error..

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 07:10:46 PM »
Big Al,

Take a look at the different home models on
www.fireballtablesoccer.com
The pricing is on each of the home models.

Shipping will be $500 to 600. according to the last quote I have 2 months ago to the big island.

Go to the site and grab my email and phone number. Give me a call or write directly. The Private Message service (PM) is full.

Thank you and looking forward to the conversation.

Brad Laurine,
PS to Jim and the webmaster; he asked me for the information and I can not PM him. I would like to see the private message service pumped up to more messages before hitting overload. just a thought.

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 08:29:25 AM »
Anderson said:

"There are a lot of great tables out there, and don't let anyone tell you that one table is better than another. "

I think this is ABSOLUTELY TRUE and possibly the wisest response so far to the original post.  I am a Garlando player out of Europe.  I remember when I was originally interested in picking up a Tornado table.  I searched this and many other US based foosball sites to research the table.  I remember all the rave reviews of the 'grey marble' and 'brown marble' tables being the absolute "best tables ever made".  Based on this research, I picked up a grey marble.  I must say, and I don't wish to stir up a bee's hive with this, but, I don't think my Tornado is ALL that much better than my Garlando.  In fact, a Tornado bearing chipped after a few weeks of play, whereas my Garlando has withstood years of hard poundings by my club with absolute no damage.  I also think that the tornado field/pitch has more chance of eventual warping than my Garalndo table as I can already wintess slight variations in flatness in certain areas of the Tornado field.  I'm not saying Garlando is better than Tornado but I think we need to be careful in making absolute claims like 'Table A is the absolute best'. 

Now I've never owned a fireball and from the reviews I'm seeing here, they look interesting.  But once bitten, I'm reluctant to invest in another table simply from reviews of players who MAY not have had extensive years of play on other tables available.

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »
Going back to the OP:

I own a Warrior, and can tell you its pitfalls.
- The cabinet is poorly designed, I have split the MDF along the sidewalls (the full length of the table)
- The bolts should really reinforce the cabinet better
- The chrome on the rods tends to flake off. I have replaced 4 rods and still they tend to flake
- The playfield warps over extended use
- They're lighter than Tornado, so they move around more
- The adjustable feet are cheap plastic, and break pretty easily
- The moulds of the figures are inconsistent, some sit loose on the rods, and some are very tight
- The ball flies out of the ball return very often

On the plus side, I'm sure you can find a Warrior very cheap. All this being said, playing on a new Warrior is really great, one of my favourite tables to play on. I shoot a europin, and do a brush/stick series on the five.

I'll be upgrading to a Fireball soon though, do to the degradation of my Warrior, as well as the lack of tour on it.

BTW, someone said Fireball isn't good for a europin, I disagree, I found it fantastic for my pin series (speed, control, cut options). I do shoot this series very well on Tornado though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Edit: Typos
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:15:27 AM by SilentSam »

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »
hey SilentSam.....now when you were talking about all the downfalls on the Warrior table, was that on the old tables?...because alot of the problems that you said i havent experienced yet..and hopefully not..LOL!...would like to hear from you..thx!