Foosball.com Forums

Dynamo table

Dynamo table
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:33:27 PM »
I came across this listing on Craigslist.  I was wondering if this is a good deal.  I have a glass top Dynamo and this table does not look like any of the co-ops I played on.  Any insight on this would be appreciated.  http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tag/2605373612.htmlanks
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:44:04 PM by sandman04 »

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
Re: Dynamo table
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:46:33 PM »
This is the post brown top dynamo.  It plays really slow as opposed to a Tornado.  The balls are too grippy for my taste.  My feeling is, if you can do a masse shot, it's too gummy. (unless I'm playing with cork)

It's probably ok for a home table but if you like the glass top dynamo, I don't think you'd like it.  I'm not sure if Dynamo is still making them.  They have gone full circle in ownership.  From Dynamo to Valley-Dynamo to Brunswick to Champion Shuffleboard Company which is the Ricketts family (the original Dynamo owners)

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:34:30 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I think I will pass.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 01:52:05 PM »
That's not to say it's a "bad" table.  It still beats what you usually find in the department stores.  You might actually like how it plays since it is easier to control the ball.  It just doesn't play like the "old" Dynamo.  And for a home setting, it will probably last forever.