Foosball.com Forums

Do I sell or do I keep...

Do I sell or do I keep...
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:47:13 PM »
I've been a foosball fanatic for 30 years now...I remember our grade school had a couple table in the gym area that we were able to play during lunch.  Anyway, went to buy this pool table off a guy today that was advertised on Craigslist and as we were walking out of his garage, he told me he had an original Deutscher Meister Foosball table for sale that was sitting in the back corner of his garage covered up in plastic.  It had all kinds of stuff  cluttered on top, but was gererally kept safe from the elements...before we even looked at it he told me that he would let it go for $25 dollars...he told me some of the history of the foosball table and how he bought it off a guy in 1976 that had it a bar...so we take a look and I was amazed what great shape it was in...had the only way to play foosball (1 goalie instead of 3), the original players, scoring, grips, and ball drop...it had a key hole to, I'm guessing either open the top or it went to the coin catcher when it was in the bar.  Long story short, I paid him for it almost instantly and I will be picking it up tomorrow evening..I will get more picks and put on here, but I'm trying to figure out what year it was...it had a bunch of junk around it so I couldn't really see the sides or if it had a plaque on it stating model/year.  The top half lips over on one side about a 1/2 inch in order to open it up to work on the guts...so my question to my fellow foosball fantatics are:
1:  Do I have something special here that I was lucky enough to come across?
2:  Should I keep it?
3:  If I keep it, should I restore it or should I leave it in its very good antique condition?  I was told to leave it in it's original format to retain it's value...

Your opinions will really help my decision and will be truly information...Please respond with your thoughts...I put some more pics on tomorrow after I pick it upOh yeah, I'm new to this site and I look forward to your replies.  The pic I posted is a rough picture of it...like I said I will post more tomrrow...

V/r

Matt

Re: Do I sell or do I keep...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »
If I had it it would be special to me ;)

Re: Do I sell or do I keep...
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:53:29 PM »
The story and how you came across this table to good to hear.  After picking it up for $25 I'd hang on to it....at the very least you can tell everyone that sees it what you paid for it.

I'd leave it in original condition...but I'm sentimental.

I'd sell it only if I needed the money or didn't have the room.