Foosball.com Forums

First football table

First football table
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:13:50 PM »
Hi
Just bought my first table, what appears to be a Fas table, I guess its around 10 years old.   Does anyone know what model it is so I can find out about spare parts and also find out of interest how much it cost new?  Its not in great shape but I got it for £75 so am happy to do it up. 

Bits of rust on the poles and needs a new handle and plastic scorers.  I also need to find out where to get a replacement pitch to go under the glass playing field, ideally laminate/plastic rather than card (if it exists!) as I will be forced to keep the table outside but well-covered up.  As its a glass playing pitch (and glass top), should this table be ok left outside as long as its covered when not in use?

Hoping it was an ok deal!
Thanks
Dan

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:47:35 PM by danscu »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: First football table
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 12:42:50 AM »
Looks like a Garlando but I am not that familiar w/ Euro tables. There is a british foosball site that has quite a few knowledgeable folks if nobody on here knows.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 03:37:59 AM »
Nope, it's FAS.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »
Definitely a FAS.

Link.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
Thanks guys:)  Is it possible to buy replacement pitches to go under the glass playing field for this table?  I can only find card pitches but they would likely warp as the table will be left outside, so I'm trying to get hold of a laminate or plastic pitch if they exist?

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 02:45:46 AM »
Well, you can leave it outside but I suspect that won't be good for the rods.  They'll more than likely continue to rust further.  The only thing I can suggest for that is to apply a liberal amount of marine grease to them to prevent further rust.  But bear in mind that grease (being a petroleum based product) will likely wear out the plastic bearings in time.  If you can find a heavy duty silicone based grease, that would be best.

From what I know of FAS, it might be slightly difficult to put in a laminate instead of paper pitch because the gap between the underlying board and the glass pitch is tight, especially built for a paper pitch.  If you can find a VERY thin laminate then that might work.  If it were me, I would get the laminate of your choice THEN buy marine plyboard to replace the chipboard board under the glass.  The width of the laminate plus the new plyboard should equal the width of the original chipboard.  Plyboard will be able to withstand the damp of the outdoors much better than chipboard, which will likely warp in time.  It should be an easy fix and the plyboard along with the grease should make your table last longer outside.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 02:49:42 AM »
Oh, and by the way, if you're going to leave it outside, do yourself a favor and replace all the exposed screws with stainless steel ones of the same size and thread and put some grease on them before installing them.  Once the original ones start to rust, you might have problems should you ever need to replace a part.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 04:19:51 PM »
Thanks Jagiar for the advice, I will do that!
Cheers :)
Dan