Foosball.com Forums

Deutscher Meister Foosball Table.

Deutscher Meister Foosball Table.
« on: October 03, 2011, 01:12:03 AM »
I've recently come across a Deutscher Meister foosball table. It says it was made by a company in West Germany, but West Germany doesn't exist anymore, so it must have been made prior to 1989. My parents said probably the late 60s/early 70s. The players  have red or blue colors on their uniforms. They have waffle patterned feet. The corners of the table are sloped. I hope this description can help someone tell me exactly what this is and if it's worth anything. It looked old, so I thought it would be worth checking into. If anyone can give me any information on this table it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:57:24 AM by james.brincefield »

Offline alaris

Re: Deutscher Meister Foosball Table.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:25:57 PM »
Post a pic if you have one please, also where are you located?

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 03:18:56 PM »
I'll upload some pictures as soon as possible. I have a few that I took before I thought it was anything special, but they're not that good. I'm gonna pull it out of storage and take a few today though. And I'm located outside of Charlotte, NC.

Do you have any idea what it's worth?

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 03:32:48 PM »
Here are two bad pictures of it. I'll upload more after i take them. I tried to put the picture code in but the html wasn't working, so here are the links for them.

http://tinypic.com/r/2e1vk95/7

http://tinypic.com/r/jja0xi/7
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:36:12 PM by james.brincefield »

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 12:24:03 AM »

Offline alaris

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 12:58:22 AM »
Honestly I do not know the value but the Senior foosball players will know and will reply soon. I am interested in what they have to say and in the table if up for sale. I'm not far from you, Columbia SC.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:00:39 AM by alaris »

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 01:53:49 AM »
It is for sale, though I don't know how to price it. I'm more of a billiards guy myself, so I have no use for it. I wouldn't be asking full price or anything, but it would be nice if I could get something out of it. You'll be the first person considered if I can ever get some sort of price quote for it.

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »
JB,

Your table is an example of a very common and popular foosball table from the 70's thru the early/mid 80's. They were in numerous bars and arcades in several areas across the country until the video game craze took over (more coin from customers in 1/3 the space). The DM cabinets were quite sturdy although those waffle foot men did break easily. It looks like you are missing some internal parts, which means a potential buyer who would want the coin operation working would have to hunt down some pretty old parts. The rods need some serious elbow grease to remove the rust, and the rods still may need to be replaced. I can't tell from your pictures - are the rods solid or hollow? The playfield looks good.

To answer your main question, how much is it worth, I would say ask $250-300, OBRO and see if you get any bites. I'm guessing $150-200 would likely be the range someone familiar with the table might spend, and the cabinet and playfield being in good condition (from what I can see in the pictures at least) are your tables biggest strengths.

Good luck................................Tyler

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 12:58:49 PM »
Thank you. All of the men are in good shape, they're just a little dirty. The table has been played on occasionally over the last twenty years when my parents acquired it and none of the men have ever been broken. There is no coin-op mechanism. I'm not sure where it would have been, but on one side there is a hole for a skeleton key. I'm assuming that's what it's for. The table plays fine. We were actually playing on it yesterday when I took the most recent pictures of it. The only problem is that the stopper meant to keep the blue teams goalie rod is unattached, so it will slip out if you pull it too hard. I'm sorry I can't be more technical about it. I've never really known much about foosball. I'm not sure whether the rods are hollow or not, but I will check next time I visit my folks (possibly later today). The field is in much better condition than I thought it would be, and I haven't even tried cleaning it yet. Hopefully that will make it look even better.

If anyone would like more detailed pictures or would like to inquire about purchasing the table email me at james.brincefield@sprint.blackberry.net

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »
Alaris, could you email me at the address above. I tried sending you a PM but your inbox is full.

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 01:28:09 PM »
JB,

If you look at the top picture (your post with the 6-7 pics) you'll see a square piece (doesn't look like the same veneer as the cabinet) to the right of the ball tray. That is where the coin-op mechanism would go, if that table ever had one. At the same location, on the inside, there would have been a coin box and a lever that pushes a tray that releases the balls. I've never seen a DM home model, only the $$$ ones at playing locations, so yours may actually never have had a coin mechanism. The keyhole you describe actually sounds like the cabinet key which locks the top and bottom halves together. The padlock on the front is not original but is one reason I assume it once was a coin-op machine - don't know too many home units that need to be locked like that! My guess is that when the foosball craze from that period ended and vendors/owners were letting go of their inventory, someone bought that table for home use, removed the coin-op parts (maybe to repair other units??) patched the opening for the mechanism, removed the internal ball tray, and basically converted it to a home model. This is all speculation on my part and doesn't change my original ballpark price estimates from above. Those DM tables are relatively rare today and would appeal more to someone familiar with those tables from many years ago than someone wanting to spend the same money for a brand new, in the box table. You are looking for a pretty specific customer, and posting on this board was likely a good move!

Tyler

Offline alaris

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
sorry, I cleared mailbox

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 04:48:11 PM »
JB,

Of course if Alaris (hi Rebecca!) makes you an offer, $25 is more than a fair price!  ;)

Tyler

Offline alaris

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 03:15:29 AM »
Hey Tyler! I'm not sure what I would do with it, I barely have the room for the ones I have. I have heard so much about that table it makes me want to play on it.

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »
I've been trying to get in touch with you since yesterday, but your inbox is full everytime. Email me at james.brincefield@sprint.blackberry.net