Foosball.com Forums

Old school rods - Quick question

Old school rods - Quick question
« on: October 29, 2011, 03:53:22 PM »
So as a few of you know, I have a Fireball Table and have been creating a set of different rods with different men since it's so easy to interchange on Fireball. I've been stealing parts from an older cheap table to get it done. The older table(Sear's model for all I know) had solid through rods with holes for screws, not pins. Many of the men that I've been buying are held on with screws. What I don't like is the heaviness of the rods. Are there rods out there to purchase that are not solid all the way through, bored out like Tornado rods, lighter, but have holes for screws instead of pins? I don't know what to buy. Are the Thompson rods like this, or are they all drilled for pins rather than screws?

Re: Old school rods - Quick question
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 06:10:43 PM »
The rods on Tecball I believe are hollow, and are drilled for screws. I think the issue here is that the majority of rods you're looking for will need to be imported from Europe, and will not be cheap.

Re: Old school rods - Quick question
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:21:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but I actually found out that the Thompson rods are sold in both solid and hollow and are both drilled for screws. 5/8". Exactly what I'm looking for.