Foosball.com Forums

Rule changes?

Rule changes?
« on: November 03, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
Okay, so I just bought a Foosball table but haven't played Foosball on a regular basis in about 25 years.  I want to make a set of House-Rules but after reading some of the comments in the Forum, I'm a little amazed at either how much the rules have changed or how awful our rules was back in the day at our local Pool Hall with Foosball tables, tournaments and etc. This is a snap-shot of our rules back in the 80's:

1) Slop-shots don't count
2) You can ONLY pass with the 5-man to your 3-man, NOT score
3) No spinning, period. (That was considered to be very amature and showing no skill, like a 5 year old playing on the table)
4) In & out goals doesn't count
5) An off the table ball is placed back where it exited.
6) 1 player versus 1 player, you are required to wait for the other player to man the Goal before shooting.

How jacked-up are these rules now days?

Re: Rule changes?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:55:24 AM »
As jacked-up as a Mercedes Benz in Compton.

They should be (to conform with ITSF rules):

1) slop counts
2) you CAN score with the five.
3) of course, no spinning still stands.  (but a spin is considered a full 360 degree rotation BEFORE OR AFTER a shot, the diameter of the ball is not included in the degree count- this is pertinent to snake shots).
4) 'in and outs' count
5) depends on where the ball exited and who made the force to eject the ball (refer to Adrian Zamora's rule vids on youtube for this).
6) ' player versus 1 player, you are required to wait for the other player to man the Goal before shooting' - forgedaboutit.  If your opponent is not 'present' enough to get to the handle, he'd better learn to be.