Foosball.com Forums

New guy picked up table today

New guy picked up table today
« on: November 10, 2011, 12:21:31 AM »
   My dad use to have a old bar grade foosball table but after we moved to MI in the early 90s we never played much so he sold it at a garage sale, it was such a sweet table and I always wished he would have saved it, it was a coin opp split top type with a green play fieldwith wood handles

well after our last family get together we had a small family tourny and had a blast so we have planned to do it again this thanksgiving but the table we played on was a newer style made in china type and while searching on craigslist i found a add for two tables and one was vintage and reminded me of my fathers old one so i bit and for forty bucks i took it home

Heres the playfield view its a vulcan i dont know much about them but its a non coin opp and has a set of legs

Only one player has a defect but it is functional for now

The  bars have a coat of something on them that is going to be cleaned off kinda reminds me of dried cosmoline and the rod carries (i dont know the correct term here) seem to of been over lubed annd are caked around the inside with dried black grease/gunk

but he was very excited and wants to put the cheap one in his basement on craigslist and is all about getting it up and running o i almost forgot that the ball return was gerry rigged and had a 1"x 12" wedged up in it but we willl make a better one to get it all in order. any info on the table would be great thanks in advance

Jared

Offline crazy8

Re: New guy picked up table today
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »
Once the rods and other parts are clean - only use foosball-grade silicone for lubrication - sparingly, on the rods only.
Do not use Pledge, Pam, automotive silicone spray, WD-40, graffite, etc.

Best wishes
Paul

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:38:59 PM »
thanks a lot paul we were going to use liquid wrench silicone spray good to know also my father was talking about waxing the playing surface is this a practical thing to do or would you just clean it?

Jared
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:16:33 PM by newtofoos »

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:28:02 PM »
Jared,  Nice oldie- goody table & price.  Don't think you want to wax the play surface 'cause it will be hard to catch/grip/pin/control the ball.  I use the dealer recommended Fantastix on the Gerflex (like linoleum) floor of my Bonzini.  Tornado people will know what's best for that floor but I just use water on a soft cloth. Happy foosin man,  you'll like this web site.   John

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 03:17:28 PM »
Thanks for the info ill pass it along i was thinking the wax would be more of a hinder too.

Offline Jeron

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 12:40:29 AM »
if it is the same as a tornado you could just use a mild soap and water to clean it up..... i use rubbing alcohol .... mainly because soap is not needed because there usually isn't that much dirt that needs to be cleaned. plus rubbing alcohol will evaporate and not leave a residue on the surface...

Offline alaris

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 09:40:28 AM »
I hope you never get tired of the table... but if you do I will buy the men and bearings. lol  Great find! Enjoy :)